2010 1.6 TDI polo

Franswa
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 5 months

2010 1.6 TDI polo

Post by Franswa »

Hi hope someone can help or advice on what to do or what to look for, I have a polo 2010 1.6tdi been standing for almost a month had a trip to Bredasdorp and on the way back the car just switched off like there's no fuel coming thru, had to wait 15 to 20 minutes then it would start again but only after the 5th swing. Made it home eventually. On my way to work the Monday did it again and just wouldn't start had to tow to work where it's still standing. Checkedbit during the week starts fine took it for a drive same thing happened just switched off while driving please anyone that can help
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: 2010 1.6 TDI polo

Post by Howie-WP »

Have you scanned the car for any faults? Also, what happens when it switches off? Perhaps battery earth or similar electrical? When you say "would not start" .... what happens? Also, did these issues occur after the car had been standing for a month?
Franswa
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 5 months

Post by Franswa »

Took it for diagnostics told me it's a fuel problem or the diesel pump, once it switches off its hard to start up again have to wait and only then it would start up. No this happen before it was towed in
GS_Polo
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 4 months

Post by GS_Polo »

Have you managed to find and fix the fault yet?