RADIATOR FAN KEEP BLOWING FUSE

almweideman
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: POLO 9N BAH 1.6

RADIATOR FAN KEEP BLOWING FUSE

Post by almweideman »

Hi Peeps. Have a 2007 Polo 9n tdi ATD motor. Had the shocks done yesterday and the shop managed to drop a screw driver in the radiator fan and neglected to take it out. So I noticed when the Aircon warmed up at the robots checked the fuse popped. Changed it but fan making an unusual noise. Dorve 200km with 30min traffic. The last 10 min of my trip noticed the same thing. Fuse popped. Changed the fuse but it turned slowly and a bit of smoke coming out and pop goes the fuse. I'd there anything else that could have gone wrong other the fan on its way out.

Long story but don't want to change just the fan and have more issues afterwards.

Thanks peeps.
mk2-phreak
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Re: RADIATOR FAN KEEP BLOWING FUSE

Post by mk2-phreak »

You've probably burnt out the fan motor
almweideman
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Model: POLO 9N BAH 1.6

Post by almweideman »

So it would be safe to say,..... If I change Only the fan tomorrow I should be good to go?
mk2-phreak
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by mk2-phreak »

Probably. But you should probably check for wiring shorts as well
Callum229
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 1 month
Car Model: Jetta MK5 TDI DSG Highline

Post by Callum229 »

Check wiring, check for any burnt wires or anything melted, you can probably just only change the fan motor not the whole shroud and assembly. Make sure it is your fan motor that is burnt, sniff and do a visible check as it could be wiring.
2007 VW Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI DSG,

Mods: Simple EGR delete, LED interior set up, LED rear footwell lights, LED Puddle lamps, LED Doorhandle illumination, LED License plate lights, LED Boot lighting.

2007 VW Golf 5 1.9 TDI DSG, no mods.

2007 VW Transporter 2.5 TDI 4motion, no mods.