Polo 1.6 TDI Second Hand Buy

SCV1990
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months

Polo 1.6 TDI Second Hand Buy

Post by SCV1990 »

Hi All,

I am considering purchasing a second hand 1.6.Polo. Comfortline TDI with 150k on the clock. FSH with VW. It is a 2014 model.

Ive been doing a bit of research here and around the net.

Is a well looked after second hand 1.6 TDI worth it?

What are things to look out for? If well looked after could I reasonably ride this car to 250k-300k without any issues?

Reviews seem mixed from my research.

Thanks in advance
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: Polo 1.6 TDI Second Hand Buy

Post by Unobeat »

Yep

They are decent cars and last for many kilometres with minimal troubles when well looked after.

first step would be to get the VIN number, go to your local VW dealership and get the service history to get an idea how it was maintained then have some funds should the turbo, clutch or even starter decide to die.

They well put together with decent power and give outstanding consumption.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
SCV1990
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months

Re: Polo 1.6 TDI Second Hand Buy

Post by SCV1990 »

Thank you Unobeat.

I phoned an "Indi" VW mechanic this am who did some work on my sisters A3 1.4TFSI recently. He worked for VW for 10 years. He concurs with what you have said above and also when I go and test drive it tomorrow that I should listen for any knock from the injectors.