Clutch or dm flywheel on mk6 golf 1.6tdi cayc

Brett6R
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Clutch or dm flywheel on mk6 golf 1.6tdi cayc

Post by Brett6R »

Hi guys I need help on some info for my 2010 golf mk6 1.6tdi cayc , firstly I need to replace or at least get info on the clutch and dmf , it's done 176k kms , clutch is not slipping but does make a slight noise when the clutch is pushed in while in gear or when it's put into neutral , would it be the clutch or the dmf (flywheel) and I want to go with luk if it is , so will need the luk code for both or even the best place to purchase , thanks guys , many more questions to follow in future on this vehicle
warickwrx
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Re: Clutch or dm flywheel on mk6 golf 1.6tdi cayc

Post by warickwrx »

Hi looks like the part number is 03G 141 016A this is for the SACHS kit listed on ETKA . Best call VW dealership and confirm with your vin number. You will normally buy both clutch and DMF in a kit. I purchased a SACHS kit after doing some reading it appeared to be a better option. But the choice is yours. Just confirm part number then call around, I purchased mine from Goldwagen about 1/3 of dealership price they dont normally need the part number just engine code as you have listed
Brett6R
Enlisted

Post by Brett6R »

Thanks very much for the info , so you reckon the problems I've listed are due to worn clutch and dmf , would it also cause a slight shudder in 4th and a scrapping sound in 5th due to slippage ?
warickwrx
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Post by warickwrx »

Hi not sure about your problems. Was just giving ypu info on parts. Maybe best go to mechanic unless you plan on doing the work yourself
Brett6R
Enlisted

Post by Brett6R »

I've had a look and it's definitely the flywheel that's gone , I see the gearbox listed on my car is a lhw , is the above part number for this specific gearbox ?