Heavy duty clutch AXR

JP Cross
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Heavy duty clutch AXR

Post by JP Cross »

Hi guys, Iam a new member just like to know where can I find a heavy duty clutch for my 1.9 Tdi cross polo I have done some upgrades so it is making more torque then usual??? It’s an 74 kw AXR type
BIGMIG
Porra Love
Registered for: 14 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 9N3 GTB22/60vk Sportline
Membership No: 1574

Re: Heavy duty clutch AXR

Post by BIGMIG »

Moved topic to correct section.

What mods is the question you need to answer. All depends where the mods have pushed to torque value to. If it’s mild stuff ie tune, cooler and exhaust then I would recommend a new stock clutch kit. You can go for luk which have stronger pressure plate fingers over Sachs. If you had one more like a larger turbo then you can try a single mass setup with uprated organic clutch disc. If you have mad mods and huge torque numbers then you can opt for single mass and sintered setup.
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
JP Cross
Enlisted

Post by JP Cross »

Done intercooler, turbo, software and exhaust 2 nd time replacing clutch . Just asking won’t an solid flywheel damage the gearbox over time? Is an daily vehicle
BIGMIG
Porra Love
Registered for: 14 years 1 month
Car Model: 9N3 GTB22/60vk Sportline
Membership No: 1574

Post by BIGMIG »

Nope you will get some chatter but all depends on the fly wheel. I have heard and sleet some that had a lot of chatter and some that had very little. It does beat having to fork out the 8k for a new dmf setup.

There plenty guys running smf on their daily’s with no issues to gearbox.
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Fitted a smf kit onto an axr, doesn't chatter at all, unlike the 6 speeds.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
JP Cross
Enlisted

Post by JP Cross »

Just one more question. Will an vr 6 clutch kit work on my DMF thats in my polo or must i replace them both
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

JP Cross wrote:Just one more question. Will an vr 6 clutch kit work on my DMF thats in my polo or must i replace them both
Dude we are telling you to get RID of the DMF.

It's the reason for your heartache.

Masterparts sell a complete SMF clutch kit and this will end your sorrow. I bought it some time back and it was very decently priced. The whole kit was less expensive than the DMF alone.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+