Caravelle 2.5 TDI 2008 Model

mikepovey48
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 5 months

Caravelle 2.5 TDI 2008 Model

Post by mikepovey48 »

<t>Good day<br/>
The last week or so when I accelerate my caravelle is shaking and trembling a lot. Mostly while still gaining speed. When I release the accelerator pedal everything is back to normal. Also when I drive over a speed hump there is a clunking sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike</t>
MSD
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Re: Caravelle 2.5 TDI 2008 Model

Post by MSD »

If you have a dual mass flywheel thats your suspect. Same issue with my 1.9tdi polo. Replaced it with ABF solid flywheel and a VR6 clutch. Also check your CV joints and boots.

Check your suspension at any garage. They will give you the list of what needs to be replaced. I used VW rear control arm bushes for the comfort and the rest of the stuff from Goldwagon..

The DMF and suspension dont come cheap!
VAG Fan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by VAG Fan »

MSD already wrote much of what I wanted to say, but here goes anyway.

Check all bushings and fasteners on the suspension and on the engine mounts.

If you're careful, you can block the non-driven wheels (apply handbrake firmly and add some blocks), start the engine and have a helper give short pulls, using careful clutching in first and reverse gear, to put some torque on the engine mounts and suspension. You can then observe all the mounts, bushings etc. from above and below. (Safety first!!! Use a trustworthy helper!)

Secondly, check the CV joints for play. I had similar shaking under acceleration, and it was a worn inner CV (didn't cause any clunks, though).
Mark R.
- - - - - - - - - -
2004 VW Golf TDI, type 1J, AHF, 317k (2016-current) --- daily
1990 VW Fox, type 16, HM, 304k (2005-current) --- spare runaround
Previous:
1992 Audi 500 SE, type C4, AAR (2001-2020) --- nice while it lasted
1983 VW Golf GTS, type 17, FR (1992-2005) --- most fun car I've ever had
1978 Audi 100 GLS 5E, type 43, WC (1991-92) --- died in the side of a Rekord who cut me off
- - - - - - - - - -
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

also that bus has two centre propshaft bearings. The diapraghm fails and you get that shaking.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.