1.9TDI PD 130 Misfire and Fix

Jueshen
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

1.9TDI PD 130 Misfire and Fix

Post by Jueshen »

Sup gents, so thought this will help others out
Mileage is on 237k and injectors were refurbed when i bought car 2.5 years ago at 140k by Bosch but not sure via who
a few months ago vehicle started having a vibration on idle and jerking when crawling in parking lot, but only after it has reached 90 deg, when cold no issues even on idle
once driving no issues, could smell diesel when at idle but no smoke etc
consumption did slightly increase especially on short trips
logged the vehicle, misfire on cylinder 4, checked group 13, and cylinder 4 injector stuck on 2.99, when cold if rev/drive the value changes from 2.99 to normal range but once at 90 deg operation temp injector 4 sits at 2.99 and on idle car shakes and throws misfire code cylinder 4.
only person i trusted for the job was Panic! the amount of VAG approved places that said i could use the tty bolts again scared me so i waited for Panic as he was on vacay, in the interim i ordered a new loom from audi, changed on my own and it still did not fix.
So Panic got the car, sent all injectors to Northern Diesel for testing, results came back inj 4 very bad, others out of spec but working fine
i decided to put my big boy pants on and refurb all 4 , but be warned the price is ridiculous!
got them back 2 days after giving the go ahead, put them in an voila back to normal, all figures on group 13 in normal operating range
smooth as butter than compared to even when the #4 injector went bad.
consumption even better than what it was before the fault, consumption this morning using cruise without hypermile was 2.9l per 100km after my 60 km commute to work. if injector 4 ever goes again, i will just buy a new one or used working one.
i am a happy chap! A BIG thank u to Panic, u have a customer for life! :hug:
Ex:
2007 Polo GTI
Eurodyne! 230WHP & 390NM @ KAR 2016 - without OB
2013 Honda Ballade Elegance
1996 Honda Ballade 150i
1994 Honda Ballade 150 Luxline
1991 Citi Golf 1.3
2009 Citi Rox 1.4i
2007 Polo 1.6 Comfortline
1989 Citi Sport 1.8