Re: 2005 VW 1.9TDI AVF Engine Code

sattogold75
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by sattogold75 »

Good day All,
My 2005 VW Passat 1.9TDI has a snapped Timing belt and alternator belt, on replacement of these belt I discovered that the car looses power on gear 6, then after few weeks the car cannot speed more than 100 just yesterday the check engine light came on and shows"Emission" Workshop. Any idea what could be wrong.
Nyto
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Re: 2005 VW 1.9TDI AVF Engine Code

Post by Nyto »

Turbocharger Underboost
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

sattogold75 wrote:Good day All,
My 2005 VW Passat 1.9TDI has a snapped Timing belt and alternator belt, on replacement of these belt I discovered that the car looses power on gear 6, then after few weeks the car cannot speed more than 100 just yesterday the check engine light came on and shows"Emission" Workshop. Any idea what could be wrong.
Incorrect timing
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
sattogold75
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by sattogold75 »

Ok. Thanks I took it to another Mechanic who now advised that I should service the car, on opening the plastic cover, the EGR is soaked with oil, after servicing it, the car performed better but now the Check engine light is on again. IS the problem associated with Turbo or the EGR? I am confused and might get rid of the car. Will EGR delete solve this
VGTI
Major
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Car Make: Cheap Ass Porsche
Car Model: 9N Sooter
Membership No: 807

Post by VGTI »

Check engine light means there will be an error in the logs... have it scanned and fix the errors first.

Could be anything
'04 Polo TDI 1661.9 km on 58.05l
'13 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 Elite