LongRoad
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 3 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: 2013 Polo TDI

2013 1.6TDI funny idling when warm

Post by LongRoad »

Hi guys.

Yesterday on the way home after the of so lovely JHB traffic I noticed that the car was idling a bit funny, it seemed to shake the car a lot more than usual, not a bad shake but you could feel the engine a lot more than usual.

This morning when starting the car everything was fine but after getting to work it was kind of back, it seemed to be on a rythem and would only shake the car every 2-3 seconds or so.

I'm at 207 000km and know I have my cambelt change coming up, although if it was the cambelt I think this would affect the car even when cold.

Should I be worried or is it something I can fix myself?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: 2013 1.6TDI funny idling when warm

Post by panic-mechanic »

get it on vagcom and have alook at the injector deviation values. +- up to 1.6 is ok. Anything over it- new injector.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
8VALVE-zn
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 5 months
Car Make: VW Golf 1
Car Model: 2.0 h8 valve

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

The car usually idles super funny in the morning and nothing when warm, unless you have the A/c on or the lights in the case of a bad/low battery.
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool:
muloiwak
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Post by muloiwak »

I agree with Panic, get VCDS or similar and check injector values first, these are Piezo injectors and they dont come cheap.
Rickyc60
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Post by Rickyc60 »

hey i have a 2010 polo 1.6tdi hatch mine does the shaking thing aswell but im starting to believe it starts doing it just before it wants to regen then when regen is gone shaking also gone, let me know if yours is also like that or is it a constant thing. rickyc

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk