Polo 9n TDI 1.9

Post by Burch9n »

Good day

I need some advise, i drive a polo 9n 1.9 TDI

i had the unfortune of some car issues

started off with with smoke when accelerating, but no smoke when idles
So i keft for a day and came back to check it out

now the engine fails to swing at this moment :cry:

upon further inspectin, the piper connecting the throttle housing is full of oil,

removed glow plugs, and then engine finally turns over, so i do a manual turna nd oil poirs out ther glow plug socket

What could be damaged and estimated cost to repiar???

thank you kindly
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: Polo 9n TDI 1.9

Post by Ashveer03 »

Not enough info in ur post.

When accelerating, were u driving the car or were u revving it while stationary?

If u were driving, was the car boosting as normal?

Did u hear any weird noises from the turbo?

Was it black smoke or greyish smoke?

When u left it for a day, did u switch off the car or did it switch off on its own?

Because I fail to understand how the cylinders would fill up with oil on its own while parked off for a day (its impossible).
If the oil began to fill up while u idled the car, the engine would run-away and u will have clearly known what a run-away is.

How much oil did u find in the boostpiping? Its normal to have a little oil in the boostpiping.

When u removed glow plugs, was there oil in all the cylinders? Are u sure that oil poured out and not diesel?

I would First start by checking how much oil is in the engine.
If its at its max level or same as the last time u topped up then u probably have an injector problem. Then again, u didnt mention anything about how the car idles.

If the oil is low then u probably have a blown turbo or damaged valve train. U also didnt mention how the car drives.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Burch9n
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by Burch9n »

hi there, i was drving the vehicle ans a weird zing sound from the engine or turbo, but no smoke at this time. i was like 2 km from home, as a approach home a cloud of grey smoke followed me from behind

it had no boost when the sound started
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Burch9n wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:33 am hi there, i was drving the vehicle ans a weird zing sound from the engine or turbo, but no smoke at this time. i was like 2 km from home, as a approach home a cloud of grey smoke followed me from behind

it had no boost when the sound started
Sounds like your Turbo has died.
Is there oil on the exhaust tip?
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Burch9n
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by Burch9n »

no oil on exhaust tip,

but engine didnt wanna turn over and the intake is full of oil
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Where you located, maybe we can point you to someone who can assist.
If you can check if your turbo is still intact.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

Should only be failed turbo seals or cracked head/headgasket, but shouldn't be THAT much oil. Any mods that could maybe have caused the head to lift?
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...