Amateur10
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: JETTA MK3

Another relay 109 question

Post by Amateur10 »

Howzit guys

As you probably seen my 1.4 tdi is not starting at the moment, no idea why.

Also cant scan at the moment, cheap scanner says P0726, other scanners dont work, i need a proper vcds.

When i pull the relay out the CEL goes off, and the glow plug light no longer flashes.

can i assume the relay is linked to all the sensors causing the CEL? obviously it doesnt start without the relay coz the pump doesnt activate without it.

I just basically want to confirm that the relay is linked to the sensors, or whatever is causing the CEL light. do you think i should buy a new relay and see then?
Audi A1 7 speed STron
auto Jazz 03
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Another relay 109 question

Post by panic-mechanic »

P0726 is generally the code for an engine speed sensor. it sometimes can be a nuisance code as it will record it during extended cranking or it might be the one stopping you ie. the engine speed sensor is actually dead. You need to go to measuring blocks and see if there is RPM showing on the management. You really can't do this or diagnose that car without vcds. Without it you are shooting in the dark blindly.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Amateur10
Enlisted

Post by Amateur10 »

panic-mechanic wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:22 am P0726 is generally the code for an engine speed sensor. it sometimes can be a nuisance code as it will record it during extended cranking or it might be the one stopping you ie. the engine speed sensor is actually dead. You need to go to measuring blocks and see if there is RPM showing on the management. You really can't do this or diagnose that car without vcds. Without it you are shooting in the dark blindly.
Howzit Panic, yes sir, ive been cranking for long periods at a time, so it would make sense, even though the speed sensor was replaced, it still makes no difference, im gonna have to make a plan for vcds one time and get it done. ill speak to the minister of finance (wife) and see what we can chop next month. right now im just trying random stuff.

tell me the brake switch will have no impact on that error or CEL in anyway? coz i just noticed there is no switch its completely gone, just wondering probably has nothing to do with it not starting.
Audi A1 7 speed STron
auto Jazz 03
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

no it will start without it.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

Amateur10
Enlisted

Post by Amateur10 »

canned over the weekend, VCDS says P0321, but the crank sensor is new, im thinking i must try the TPI 2007067, but i see it only works on new software my car still has the original as far as I know, is there anyway to check what my current version is with VCDS?
Audi A1 7 speed STron
auto Jazz 03
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... 321/000801

again - says you have a faulty rpm sensor. did you go to measuring blocks and see if it shows you rpm when you crank. If management no see rpm there will be no starting.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

Amateur10
Enlisted

Post by Amateur10 »

I decided to strip it turn out the reductor wheel tone wheel or speed wheel whatever you want to call it is damaged. It bent badly why becuase the shims were not installed when the crank was replaced so the crank has loads of play causing the wheel to scrape against the inner block so i it bent out of shape making it impossible for the sensor to pick up a reading if i knew how to upload pica i wouldve done so
Audi A1 7 speed STron
auto Jazz 03
Amateur10
Enlisted

Post by Amateur10 »

045105189A thats the part number i must replace and ovbiously the shims luckily crank was damaged it not starting probably saved me alot.
Audi A1 7 speed STron
auto Jazz 03
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

Well some good luck with the bad luck.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

Amateur10
Enlisted

Post by Amateur10 »

Howzit Panic

Yes sir atleast I know where Im at now, ordered the wheel from VW today, R432.00, GW says agents only. had to go with VW, not too bad though.

as soon as this badluck car is done, it will be sold lol
Audi A1 7 speed STron
auto Jazz 03