Golf 5 1.9TDI looses coolant

Callum229
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 TDI DSG Highline

Re: Golf 5 1.9TDI looses coolant

Post by Callum229 »

Did you fix this, I had the same symptoms, replaced everything and then eventually the head gasket and a used head, as the wrong coolant corroded the ports on the head, allowing combustion to leak into the coolant!

Not sure why it was so expensive for you guys, my headgasket + top kit R1200 from masterparts, R400 for head bolts from Goldwagen,used head, R3000, light skim, pressure testing, new valve stem seals fitted, etc, R1500. New hydraulic lifters R500. Fitted by private mechanic with strict instructions from me and me torquing my own head, and him reassembling the rest, etc, R1500.

Total is around R8000 (including a used head).

Oh and don't forget the correct coolant, I put two bottles of G13 1.5 litre and distilled water. R300

its been about 15 000kms and no more issues, never lost a drop of coolant.
2007 VW Jetta MK5 1.9 TDI DSG,

Mods: Simple EGR delete, LED interior set up, LED rear footwell lights, LED Puddle lamps, LED Doorhandle illumination, LED License plate lights, LED Boot lighting.

2007 VW Golf 5 1.9 TDI DSG, no mods.

2007 VW Transporter 2.5 TDI 4motion, no mods.
BazzyB
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Model: Golf MK6 GTi

Post by BazzyB »

Took it to VW, had it fixed. It appeared to be a solid pipe affixed right next to the tappet cover which I couldn't see and actually not expensive to fix
BazzyB
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Model: Golf MK6 GTi

Post by BazzyB »

Took it to VW, had it fixed. It appeared to be a solid pipe affixed right next to the tappet cover which I couldn't see and actually not expensive to fix