Event's in CPT

Membership queries? More info? Problems? Post here and the Committee will get back to you
This is NOT for technical or brand-related questions.
Rouxpolo5cpt
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Event's in CPT

Post by Rouxpolo5cpt »

Hi just wanted to know ore there will be eny events hosted in CPT? If not can eny one please suggest some events to go to. Thank you😁
Shaff
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: Event's in CPT

Post by Shaff »

Rouxpolo5cpt wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:27 pm Hi just wanted to know ore there will be eny events hosted in CPT? If not can eny one please suggest some events to go to. Thank you😁

Drag events?
Rouxpolo5cpt
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Post by Rouxpolo5cpt »

That would be great... please let me know when and where it is on 0828460449
DieterMK5
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015

Post by DieterMK5 »

While we would love to have a VW Club chapter in Cape town and Durban, we need members in those areas who would be willing to set up events and carry out the various tasks in a similar fashion to ones that the Gauteng committee perform.

Its something we are happy to look at but unfortunately no one has offered to do this.
Shaff
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Shaff »

DieterMK5 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:23 pm While we would love to have a VW Club chapter in Cape town and Durban, we need members in those areas who would be willing to set up events and carry out the various tasks in a similar fashion to ones that the Gauteng committee perform.

Its something we are happy to look at but unfortunately no one has offered to do this.
That legal racing in CT is a bit dead

Killarney is only having its 2nd event since lock down and it's 2k entry

I'm hoping things will change next year
DJ7
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 6 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 2.0 TDI DSG
Membership No: 3238

Post by DJ7 »

DieterMK5 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:23 pm While we would love to have a VW Club chapter in Cape town and Durban, we need members in those areas who would be willing to set up events and carry out the various tasks in a similar fashion to ones that the Gauteng committee perform.

I think there are too few of us in CPT to start a chapter/charter this side at present. Besides myself, there might only be another 2 or maybe 3 members this side that I am aware of.
Current: '05 VW Golf 5 2.0 TDI Sportline (hers)
Current: '97 VW Jetta VR6 (his)
Project: '83 Datsun 1400 Sunny (project)
Ex: '97 Astra Estate 200i
'00 Corsa 200 GSI 16v
'96 Astra 200i E 16v
'02 Corsa 160 GSI
'93 Ballade 160e
'95 Astra 200i E 16v