Polo playa 2002

Goldwagen was founded as a result of there being a demand in the market for the need for an alternative supplier of quality parts at affordable prices, as well as the market looking for an alternative choice of products.
Dayne Sr20
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 11 months

Polo playa 2002

Post by Dayne Sr20 »

Hi I got a polo playa 2002 model
I got a problem with petrol guage that's doesn't work pump everything comes on what might the problem be for not reading the petrol?
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: Polo playa 2002

Post by Jetta2 »

Gauge iself could be faulty (but highly unlikely).
Wiring between gauge and sender unit in the fuel tank could be faulty.
Sender unit itself could be faulty.
Fuse maybe.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Maloka
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Post by Maloka »

Hi, I have a polo playa, it doesn't want to start only cranking but when it turns the petrol comes but when I check while it's cranking it doesn't return the fuel and it has the spark, if I leave it alitlle longer it sometimes starts, what could be the problem?
6NOWNER
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months

Post by 6NOWNER »

Hi

Im sitting with the same problem on my 2002 1.6 PLAYA, it was cutting out randomly for the past few weeks then yesterday it just didnt want to start again.
I was told its my fuel pump and i went and bought a new pump including the housing and replaced it and the car started like normal and drove normally but now tonight on my way to work it cut out again then started after 10 minutes...next option will probably be replacing fuel filter and injector cleaner BUT IF ITS NOT THAT WHAT CAN IT BE!! :deadhorse: