2 bucket method

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
dood786
Post Whore
Registered for: 17 years
Car Model: boat
Membership No: 1133

2 bucket method

Post by dood786 »

also known as 2bm

http://www.detailcity.com/how-to-wash-your-car.html

http://www.autogeek.net/car-wash-bucket.html
This involves using two car wash buckets, each with Grit Guards. Some enthusiasts place two Grit Guards into each bucket for even more protection against dirt and grime! The first bucket is filled with clean water and the second bucket is filled with your favorite car wash shampoo. Dunk your mitt into the soapy car wash solution first to wash your car with lubricating suds and then dunk the mitt vigorously into the bucket with clear water to rinse the mitt thoroughly. Using two buckets equipped with Grit Guards virtually eliminates the risk of transferring dirt back onto your paint!
xion wrote:2 bucket method (Rinse & Shampoo Bucket) helps minimize swirls on your paintwork, by Rinsing off the wash mitt after each panel in clean Rinse Water Bucket all the dirt and grim are washed off before, then soaping up the mitt in the Shampoo Bucket and tackling the next panel.
Gritt guards can be added to the buckets to ensure that the dirt and grim remain at the bottom of the buckets.

Something also important to mention is Always divide the car into 2 halves top and bottom, making sure to complete washing the top and then the bottom(more dirty 1/2), it is also advisable to use different wash mitts for top and bottom. Also try to avoid using Sponges to wash your car as these press the dirt particles down on to the paint work causing swirl marks..

Hope this helps.
Djin wrote:The two bucket method will reduce your rise of adding swirls to your paintwork. Its NEVER too late to start. Even if you paintwork is already swirled, you can still incorporate these methods to prevent further damage. And if one day you decide to have your car detailed, you will be able to maintain that finish!

Have a look at the guide I posted in the Crazydetailer section

Crazydetailer guide to a swirl free finish
Noob
dood786
Post Whore
Registered for: 17 years
Car Model: boat
Membership No: 1133

Re: 2 bucket method

Post by dood786 »

Noob
Kashi
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 8P A3 2.0 FSI
Membership No: missing

Post by Kashi »

Started using this method and it does work very well. also using jusy a hosepipe and pouring the water onto the car and letting it sheet off and dry. this works very well .
The best car safety device is a rearview mirror with a cop in it!!!
Sr20-gp
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Sr20-gp »

Also use this method . . .works well
blenki
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: mk1

Post by blenki »

always use this method
MikeR
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Make: VW/Audi/BMW
Car Model: Polo 1.9tDi REVO

Post by MikeR »

works great - I have even taught my gardener two bucket methode
Polo Tdi 1.9 - ReVO (2007) Got repatriated
Audi Tdi 2.0 - 125kw LeMans (2007)
BMW Z4M (2009)
BMW 125i (2012)
ALFAHOLIC
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years 7 months
Car Make: Ex:Alfa Romeo 147 2.0Ti/G5 GTi
Membership No: missing

Post by ALFAHOLIC »

Tested this method and actually took pics of the "wash" bucket...rough.

my car STILL has swirl marks.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved.

Sinbad - I pray for your salvation whether it be now or 50 years from now!
Coroner
Major
Registered for: 15 years 1 month
Car Make: VW / Subaru
Car Model: Citi 1600 / 2.0 T
Membership No: 1502

Post by Coroner »

This dude will kick the **** out of you :lol:
Speed is money......how fast do you want to go?

lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

ALFAHOLIC wrote:Tested this method and actually took pics of the "wash" bucket...rough.

my car STILL has swirl marks.
Remember that washing correctly (2BM) will help minimize any future swirl marks and cannot remove existing swirls.... for that there is only one way, and that is to polish the paint.... this effectively removes some clear coat so that it is now at the level of the lowest part of the swirl mark which is actually a 'V' shaped cut into the paint)....
Bradley66
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Bradley66 »

Well its quite old and very simple method to cleaning the car without any expenses... because we just need 2 bucket of water a sponge, shampoo, dry towel..and you done. that's it, I am using this method since when I own my first car.
Last edited by Bradley66 on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coroner
Major
Registered for: 15 years 1 month
Car Make: VW / Subaru
Car Model: Citi 1600 / 2.0 T
Membership No: 1502

Post by Coroner »

Bradley66 wrote:Well its quite old and very simple method to cleaning the car without any expenses... because we just need 2 bucket of water a sponge, shampoo, dry towel..and you done. that's it, I am using this method since when I own my first car.
Speed is money......how fast do you want to go?