polo vivo aircon not working

Kobusj
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months

polo vivo aircon not working

Post by Kobusj »

Please assist with some advice

I recently bought a VW polo vivo 1.4 , I found that the Aircon is not working. I saw that the cable running to compressor was damaged and did repair it. I use vcds -Lite to read error codes and found a error " coolent fan control1 : open or short to ground " after clearing this error the fan came on and Aircon is working as long as I do not sw car off Aircon work fine " fan running as well " When I switched it of and start again aircon again is not working until I clear the Error again. Car do not overheat as far as I know.

Could It be my vdcs- lite program (im using unregistered version ) that is not clearing the error ?
Or could there be some other problem with the fan or wiring ?

Regards
Kobus
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 3 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: polo vivo aircon not working

Post by Jetta2 »

Most likely the fan control module itself is faulty if the wiring is 100%.
Replacement is the only option of fixing the problem if it is the module.

What is the error code? It starts with a "P" and then four numbers.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
pietervdg
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Post by pietervdg »

Hi Kobusj , had a similar problem recently with my Polo1 Classic , a/c did not work . Problem was the pressure switch on the drier was defective but that does not seem to be your problem as the a/c works occasionally .
The coolant sensor at the coolant manifold on the block controls the fan , idling and a/c . This sensor switches on the a/c and slightly increases the revs to manage the extra load on the engine when the a/c is running . The sensor can be problematic , even new ones .
I replaced 3 units in one month and returned 2 of them for testing , one supplier simply returned my money and the other said the unit is working ( a Beta product ) whilst I know that both units were giving inaccurate readings , the reading on the temp gauge was half of normal . If the impulse is inaccurate , an incorrect signal will be received by the ecu ( computer ) .
When you replace a temperature sensor ., double check your instrument readings .

Good luck
Pieter
Polo vivo gt
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo tdi sportline

Post by Polo vivo gt »

Hi guys. I'm also having issues with my ac. 2015 polo vivo gt. Recently did a software upgrade and since then ac not working. Heater works fine...fans are working. When you put the ac on,it doesn't give that click. Took it to an ac shop n they said everything is fine,it mus be an electrical fault. After getting it checked out by the electrician he told me the ac works when he tests it directly n that I need to replace the whole climate control unit. Has anyone had this problem before. Thanks guys
irshaad0312
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months

polo vivo overheat

Post by irshaad0312 »

:bang: Hzt Guys ,i got a 2013 polo vivo 1.6 +- 235000kms i changed the water bottle,cap,water pump and thermostats with housing complete and lastly the heater valve but my car still overheats after driving about 30kms ,boils and pushers water from the bottle ,it does this at random times ,the radiator is fine and the fan works ,please help what could be the problem :(
JCTPUBLISHERS
Cadet
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Post by JCTPUBLISHERS »

POLO VIVO OVERHEAT
What thermostat did you use?
irshaad0312
Enlisted

Post by irshaad0312 »

goldwagen
irshaad0312
Enlisted

Re: polo vivo over heat

Post by irshaad0312 »

Hzt Guys any help please ,i got a 2013 polo vivo 1.6 +- 235000kms i changed the water bottle,cap,water pump and thermostats with housing complete and lastly the heater valve but my car still overheats after driving about 30kms ,boils and pushers water from the bottle ,it does this at random times ,the radiator is fine and the fan works ,please help what could be the problem
irshaad0312
Enlisted

Re: polo vivo overheating

Post by irshaad0312 »

Hzt Guys any help please ,i got a 2013 polo vivo 1.6 +- 235000kms i changed the water bottle,cap,water pump and thermostats with housing complete and lastly the heater valve but my car still overheats after driving about 30kms ,boils and pushers water from the bottle ,it does this at random times ,the radiator is fine and the fan works ,please help what could be the problem
      • agents water pump
        goldwagen supplied thermostat
        goldwagen water bottle and cap
        heater valve from goldwagen

all the above was changed
        :bang:
Ntsengenitshilidzi
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Vr6

Post by Ntsengenitshilidzi »

Hi guys. I'm also having issues with my a/c. 2015 polo vivo gt.10900km. ac not working. Heater works fine...fans are working. When you put the ac on,it does give that click.but s not bring cold air