Part Number: Revision C Diverter Valve

Forum for questions that are asked on a frequent basis...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
RedRocket
Enlisted
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Part Number: Revision C Diverter Valve

Post by RedRocket »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the part number for the problematic DV valve on the Mk5 GTI.

I suspect mine has ruptured but the local panic mechanic at the spares section of VW has no clue what it is or where to find it. He thinks I had some aftermarket mod fitted!!

Much obliged.
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe
Registered for: 19 years 2 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: RS3
Membership No: 675

Post by Rabbit222 »

part no: 06F-145-710C
Will
Lieutenant
Registered for: 19 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi Racer, A4 GTI-R
Membership No: missing

Post by Will »

I'm not convinced the type C is worth going for unles yyou have allready blown the type B. I have gone through one allready (wasnt running much boost) so I think it is academic how much of an improvement it offers. I cant feel a difference between gears using the butt dyno? :?
2008 Citi 2.0 8v VST Club Racer built and tuned...
2004 GTI-R Stock
2006 9N PD100
http://www.vagservices.co.za
johnjm
Prince of Darkness
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by johnjm »

Also dont have much of a difference. Sounds exactly the same too.

Although can anyone recommend a place that can test my pipes etc cos I suspect a little boost leak (noisy while spooling up...)?
RedRocket
Enlisted

Post by RedRocket »

I think thats my problem also...too much pssssss sound while spooling...sounds like something venting somewhere :(
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe

Post by Rabbit222 »

REVO_GTI132 wrote:I'm not convinced the type C is worth going for unles yyou have allready blown the type B. I have gone through one allready (wasnt running much boost) so I think it is academic how much of an improvement it offers. I cant feel a difference between gears using the butt dyno? :?
Just got back from the dealership. My Cut off valve met its end night before last. Its got a nice tear on the diaphragm...I'm inclined to believe that the Revision B cut off valve was better and my reason being that it lasted way longer than the revision C which has lasted about a month in my car. If your car has the Revision B in it, don't upgrade to the C.

Two other issues that could cause loss of boost and power on the MK5 GTI is the Knock sensors as well as the Pressure Control Valve.

Warning signs of a damaged PCV would be a bad misfire and loss of power.

If your knock sensor is damaged your car will barely reach 160km/h.
Life-GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Mk1 GTi
Membership No: 186

Post by Life-GP »

But your REV B did not see the wrath of the ATP downpipe and REVO stage 2! :wink:
Craig Pillay

Audi RS4B8
1983 Mk1 GTi with BBS RS
MK5 GTi Track car
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe

Post by Rabbit222 »

Life-GP wrote:But your REV B did not see the wrath of the ATP downpipe and REVO stage 2! :wink:
100% correct on that but it seems that not many guys with Revision B Cut off valves were having issues. It seems the the 2006 specs are the ones with issues pertaining to the C Valve and PCV...
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe

Pics of a torn Cut off valve

Post by Rabbit222 »

Two crappy pics I took of the torn diaphragm...

Scorpius
Major

Post by Scorpius »

Damn

I agree that Mooloo's Rev C took more strain than the old Rev B but still, you would've expected it to have been much stronger. Whats the point revising it if you cant do it properly. VW amazes me at times :roll:

Lets hope the Forge kit comes in time and at a good price
2008 Image Image
Ex: 2007 Golf V GTI
Ex: 2004 Polo Hatch 1.6CL
Ex: 2001 Polo Classic 1.6
Ex: 2000 Citi Chico 1.3

RedRocket
Enlisted

Post by RedRocket »

shew...not sure now what to do....

Got two issues....first is in the mornings, when the car is cold and when im not pressing too much...feel like a lurch when changing from 1st to second (i have dsg and it should be damn smooth)...and its not the normal dsg dump that im feeling...its a 'clug' sound...this actually feels like the car is lurching...but only when cold...afterwards the drive is fine once warmed up

Then occasionally, after driving a while...when i floor it, i feel almost like a stutter on the accelleration...happens now and then...sometimes she pulls wonderfully and other times it feels like shes makin alot of noise but struggling to get there...thought it was the dv valve, but not sure now...

Car does over 160 without issue and the problems come and go...especially when I take it to vw...then its all fine.. :oops:

Anyone have any ideas?
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe

Post by Rabbit222 »

RedRocket wrote:shew...not sure now what to do....

Got two issues....first is in the mornings, when the car is cold and when im not pressing too much...feel like a lurch when changing from 1st to second (i have dsg and it should be damn smooth)...and its not the normal dsg dump that im feeling...its a 'clug' sound...this actually feels like the car is lurching...but only when cold...afterwards the drive is fine once warmed up

Then occasionally, after driving a while...when i floor it, i feel almost like a stutter on the accelleration...happens now and then...sometimes she pulls wonderfully and other times it feels like shes makin alot of noise but struggling to get there...thought it was the dv valve, but not sure now...

Car does over 160 without issue and the problems come and go...especially when I take it to vw...then its all fine.. :oops:

Anyone have any ideas?
Have them check your PCV, your coil packs, you knock sensors and your cut off valve(DV) Process of elimination...

A mate of mine with DSG had similar issues, his turbo was replaced(honestly don't think it was necessary, because when i mentioned the blown Cut off valve, it turned out that was f'd and not his turbo :shock: )
Whiteunderarm
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 6 months
Car Model: S3
Membership No: missing

Post by Whiteunderarm »

u kno what...i thought i was the only 1 with issues...had my type c valve replaced 3 times in 6 months! and all ive done is a revo software upgrade...so im really not sure what there's left to do with regards the this problem...guess im gonna keep changing it. another problem...the other day i had a bad missfire at about 200km/h felt like an arse when i had to move over 4 a damn astra GTC! car feels somewhat ok now but still find it sluggish compared to normal...u say it could be the PCV? only 1 problem...whenever i take it to a vw service centre they tell me the car feels great (cant tell them i have the revo tho) and im sick n tired of drivin through to performance masters to have the revo switched off and on again every time i take the car in!
2012 BMW M3 E92
Ex 2009 Audi S3 | Revo Stage 2+ | Autotech HPFP | Custom DP | Forge CAI
Ex 2008 Audi S3 | Revo Stage 2+ | Autotech HPFP | Custom DP | Forge CAI | Black Optics
Ex 2006 GTI | Revo Stage 1
RedRocket
Enlisted

Post by RedRocket »

so I made the appointment with VW...and guess what...before I can get there...problem disappears...now i look like an idiot when i pitch cos nothings wrong with the drive :oops:
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe

Post by Rabbit222 »

Whiteunderarm wrote:the other day i had a bad missfire at about 200km/h felt like an arse when i had to move over 4 a damn astra GTC! car feels somewhat ok now but still find it sluggish compared to normal...u say it could be the PCV? only 1 problem...whenever i take it to a vw service centre they tell me the car feels great (cant tell them i have the revo tho) and im sick n tired of drivin through to performance masters to have the revo switched off and on again every time i take the car in!
Try swopping plugs, according to Crew217 on the TEX, REVO stage 1 has higher timing pull on cylinders 1 & 4 then cylinders 2 & 3. He also recommends NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs...mmm time to change spark plugs :twisted:

Note that the above would be if your problem is intermittent.

Buy a SPS...then u don't have to run to PM all the time, you can turn it off yourself :wink:
Rabbit222
VAG Cafe

Post by Rabbit222 »