E92 320i brake, suspension, balancing and alignment

MMS Auto is a small privately owned and operated Motor vehicle workshop that specializes in Quality services and exceptional maintenance at affordable prices.
Rascal69
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK1
Membership No: 1490

E92 320i brake, suspension, balancing and alignment

Post by Rascal69 »

We had this one come in with a strange story.

Customer hits a curb, insurance pays a panel shop for the repairs but they didn’t do a proper job. They replaced the driver side hub and stabilizer end links . But the car keeps pulling to the right .

So he brings it to us and we show him the poor repair job by the panel beaters. They refitted the brake caliper without the guide bushings and dust caps for the pins so the caliper is not sitting flush/correctly. Being slightly off , it was causing the pad to constantly touch the disc and the car kept pulling to the right .

Started out by getting the repair kit from BMW

Pic of the caliper with no guide bushing

Why the other side looks like with the guide bushings and dust caps fitted

So we stripped the right side brakes , cleaned and refit with new guide bushings and dust caps .

Refitted

Then took the car for balancing and alignment.

After that the car was fine again. Simple and cost effective repair which the panel shop could have sorted out if they wanted too.

Ready for collection
Current: 2007 ///M Coupe
Current: 2019 Fortuner 4x4

Ex: 2005 E55 AMG
Ex: 1998 BMW M3
Ex: 2011 REVO 2 Focus ST - 208wkw & 465nm's (FRnR)
Ex: 1994 E36 328i Track Car (Budler Motorsport built)
Ex: 2011 REVO 2 Mk6 GTI DSG - 200wkw & 452nm's (KAR)
Ex: 2007 REVO 2+ S3 - 12.7s @ 176km/h (Tarlton 2010) and 224km's on 1km (ODI)
Ex: 2006 Velo 1.6i | 2008 Velo 1.6i | 2005 Velo 1.4i | 2006 Polo 1.6i | 2012 Polo TDI | 2004 W203 C200K
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: E92 320i brake, suspension, balancing and alignment

Post by Unobeat »

Great work guys
What a shoddy job by the panel shop, HECTIC
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.