ICE - Polo 6C GTi

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

ICE - Polo 6C GTi

Post by jaunrothner »

Hi All,

I want to upgrade the sound in my car but I don't want to replace the radio as I like the OEM unit,

I need some "doof doof" :cool: ...What would you suggest? I do not want to add a sub woofer as the boot is already so small,

I was thinking more along the lines of a 4 x speaker upgrade if possible,

What do you recommended?

Thanks in advance.
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: ICE - Polo 6C GTi

Post by Jetta2 »

What is your budget?
You can get cheap "flea market" type speakers for a few hundred bucks or high end stuff that will cost upwards of R50K for a set of two speakers.

It is simple case of removing the stock speakers and replacing them with a set of good quality items and will make a huge difference to sound quality as the stock stuff is even cheaper and nastier than flea market stuff.

What model number HU is in the car?
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
Teezy_GP
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 8 years 2 months
Car Make: MKV

Re: ICE - Polo 6C GTi

Post by Teezy_GP »

Polo's actually come with a decent stock system .. 2 way split up front and a mid in the rear ...

depending on how deep ur pockets are ... i'd suggest a 6.3/4 split system up front .. ( JBL/Infinity are reasonably priced for their quality ) and a 2 way co axial speaker for the rear doors, with a matched 4 channel amplifier ... this should set u around 6-8k excluding fitment
2008 MKV GTI
2016 Polo Vivo