2009 Q5 Multimedia/Nav - Advice Needed

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
SykomantiS
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
Car Make: SsangYong
Car Model: Rexton II 270XDi

2009 Q5 Multimedia/Nav - Advice Needed

Post by SykomantiS »

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in ages.
I need some advice\info please. Recently, we bought a 2009 Q5 (3.0 TDI if it matters) for my fiance. I don't know a lot about Audi/VW but I'm willing to learn. All this talk about MMI revisions and AMI and concert and symphony and so forth is a bit confusing.

The car has navigation from the factory, along with aux in the centre console, 2 SD card slots and a Jukebox (far as I can tell- a hdd based system where the previous owner left some songs on). From the controls and the menus I can see entries for a phone/Bluetooth but as far as I can tell, the car doesn't have Bluetooth. Not for phone calls and not for music. From a bunch of googling I've learnt that some of these cars can also have an AMI port in the glove-box. Something that we don't seem to have either- unless I just plain missed it, though I doubt.

So, to make a long story really short, is it possible, and how would I go about getting the Q5 Bluetooth enabled for both phone calls and music streaming?

Any links to products or reading material that could clear up some of my confusion?

Then also, on the subject of updating the navigation/maps- is it possible and is there anyone other than Audi that I can approach to do this? I haven't contacted Audi yet but I'd imagine it to cost a pretty penny to update via a dealership.
Current:

Ex:
2008 Honda Civic 2.2 iCTDi VXi
2010 SsangYong Rexton 270XDi
Jet Li
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Membership No: 3103

Re: 2009 Q5 Multimedia/Nav - Advice Needed

Post by Jet Li »

You can try either Vagtec
http://www.vagtec.co.za/contact

or this guys who are in Pretoria. They install OEM VW/Audi navigations @ Zero 8 two 230 four 2 four six.

Hope it helps.
'09 8P S3 Sportback (MT)
'10 B8 S4 V6T (DSG)
'15 6C GTi (MT)
SykomantiS
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
Car Make: SsangYong
Car Model: Rexton II 270XDi

Re: 2009 Q5 Multimedia/Nav - Advice Needed

Post by SykomantiS »

Jet Li wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:38 am You can try either Vagtec
http://www.vagtec.co.za/contact

or this guys who are in Pretoria. They install OEM VW/Audi navigations @ Zero 8 two 230 four 2 four six.

Hope it helps.
Thanks, will give them a call.
Current:

Ex:
2008 Honda Civic 2.2 iCTDi VXi
2010 SsangYong Rexton 270XDi