Polo 2004 BBy 1.4 EPC and rough idle. No throttle.

Gustav7777
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Polo 2004 BBy 1.4 EPC and rough idle. No throttle.

Post by Gustav7777 »

Good day to all. Guys and girls i need help with an ongoing problem on my wifes Polo Classic. It is the 2004 1.4 BBY sedan with the four headlights. 9n. Let me explain what bugs me. Please excuse the long explanation. I want to give as much info as i can to help you all understanding my frustration. The car starts up fine. It runs and idles smoothly up to the point that the heat reading gets to the centre of the the heatgauge. Then the EPC light would come on and a very rough idle will start and zero throttle response would follow. I switch the engine off and unplug the MAP censor and the car would start up, idle quite rough but i will have throttle response and i can drive it. It stuttres a little but it can drive. I will then let it stand for a while and then plug the MAP censor back in. I then reset the faultcodes with VCDS and the car will be ok again. After starting and running a while the same thing happens again. I thouht it was a possible temp censor problem or maby the MAP censor. I replaced both twice. Very costly parts from Golfwagen. The very puzzeling thing is that even if the temp censor and fan switch is unplugged the gauge still gives a temp reading! How can this be possible? Both wires are disconnected. I have spent 12k up to now on repair centres and " possible " parts that might be the problem. All censors have been replaced. Please help me out people. Thanks!!!