My mk1 golf need some advise on technical stuff

Grim mk1
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 4 months

My mk1 golf need some advise on technical stuff

Post by Grim mk1 »

Sorry to just jump right in on the page but have some qs for you guys I have a mk1 golf with 2e sub and a3 1.8 20v head gt35 turbo, spiral cut stainless steel valves with double valve springs, head is port and polished, running 1.8 conrods with 83 mm pistons that is machined and pocket for valve clearance and for the perfect 10:1 compression ratio, my q is can I run 2 shots of nitrous and 1 shot of water methonal injection with my injectors and will the motor handle it or do I need to do extra work?
Stu
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 17 years 10 months
Car Make: Merc
Car Model: C63 Edition 507
Membership No: missing

Re: My mk1 golf need some advise on technical stuff

Post by Stu »

10:1 compression seems high for that kind of turbo setup - usualy only motors running direct injection have higher compression turbo setups and then they tend to run smaller turbos. Anyow I'm sure Panic might be able to answer you :hi:
Polo 20VBigT - The Redhead
Kia Sportage - The Silver Surfer
C63 507 Edition - The Dragon
Isuzu 4x4 - Little Joe
Rustler Bakkie - Good Old Jimmy
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: My mk1 golf need some advise on technical stuff

Post by missioner »

Grim mk1 wrote:Sorry to just jump right in on the page but have some qs for you guys I have a mk1 golf with 2e sub and a3 1.8 20v head gt35 turbo, spiral cut stainless steel valves with double valve springs, head is port and polished, running 1.8 conrods with 83 mm pistons that is machined and pocket for valve clearance and for the perfect 10:1 compression ratio, my q is can I run 2 shots of nitrous and 1 shot of water methonal injection with my injectors and will the motor handle it or do I need to do extra work?
At 8.5:1 compression ratio yes to all of the above.

10:1 compression? I will pay money to see it blow up when it revs up for the first time. It will be spectacular.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+