Vw citi golf fuel pump

Riazgaffley22
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Vw citi golf fuel pump

Post by Riazgaffley22 »

Hi pple, I need some advise. I bought a citi golf that was converted from fuel injection to carb and my issue is that there is currently a faset pump thats on the car, I need to replace it but not sure what electronic pump to use as I do not want to flood the carb and it will be in the same location that is close to the tank....

Please help TIA
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: Vw citi golf fuel pump

Post by Ashveer03 »

Get another facet pump?

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Riazgaffley22
Enlisted

Post by Riazgaffley22 »

The issue is that the pump is too noisy with that tok tok sound and wanted to get something that would be silent
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

So you don't have a place in the block for the std mechanical pump as the block is of a FI model.

Search for a low pressure fuel pump. I think Holley is making one and then get with it a fuel pressure regulator to set the fuel pressure to the carb around 3Psi. High pressure will create issues like needle and seat not sealing or bent or leaking carb.
Riazgaffley22
Enlisted

Post by Riazgaffley22 »

A friend of mine mentioned a huco pump not sure if it will work
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

Riazgaffley22 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:30 pm A friend of mine mentioned a huco pump not sure if it will work
Only way would be to try it or find someone that is using one to confirm if it will work.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Try the facet pump with rubber mounts, it somewhat dampens the sound

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving:
Mav1424
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Post by Mav1424 »

Hi everyone, I hope someone could please help me. I have a 2004 citi golf with a 2007 fuel injection motor, the car is carburetor instead of fuel injection though, so my problem is when I try and start my car it starts and revs up but when I take it for a drive then the car just cuts out like it's not getting fuel, I had the problem before and I just put a direct fuel connection from the fuel pump to the carburetor and the car drove but it was too heavy on fuel without the fuel return connected, so I took it into a mechanic and he connected everything the way it should be and still the car doesn't want to ride properly and now I don't know what the problem could be or what to do anymore, I have put a brand new return filter, new pipes, cleaned out the carb. I am also using a electric fuel pump instead of the mechanic fuel pump, so does anyone know what the problem could be or why the car drives with a straight connection but just dies as soon as you connect the return filter, please guys I need as much help as I can because I haven't been able to drive my car in a very long time, and what makes it worse is that when it was by the mechanic they stole my brand new bbs mag and Tyre.