Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: Hi all, im a new member here with a golf chico 1.3

Post by Jetta2 »

Welcome.

Not much you can do with that budget if you are thinking of performance modifications....

You can maybe, just maybe, get a very minor performance increase with a gasflowed head for that.
Add in that you will need a new head gasket, new head bolts, etc if you remove the head.

Or you can possibly get a branch and exhaust fitted for that budget.

Don't expect any major performance boosts with either one of those. A few horsepower and torque numbers in the single digits will be the result.
There is not much that a 1.3 motor can get done to it to get any sort of decent performance increases.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike
J0NN0
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Car Make: No Name
Car Model: Tekkies
Membership No: 1725

Post by J0NN0 »

Hello and welcome @Chico 1.3 to the VW Club Forum! :hi:

We all hope that you enjoy your stay here and consider the wonderful opportunity of becoming a VWCSA Member which gets you awesome vwclub merchandise and discount to our events for only R350.

Before you do, please have a look at the Forum Rules.

As well as the rules we have for Private Sales.

If you have any questions pertaining to your vehicle and not to do with Introducing yourself post it in the Technical Discussions section.

Please feel free to join in on the Events, its huge fun, and non-members are also more than welcome to join in on the action. Hope to see you at an event soon.

Now that you have introduced yourself to the forum, have a look at starting a Rides Thread and show us what you cruise the streets with. :driving:

(How to Post a Picture).

We look forward to having you on the forum, and hope to see you grow in the club, by becoming a member, and most of all, making new friends.

Cheers :hug:
Jonno

2002 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4TDI - SAC: 87.7 kw 276.1nm
2018 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4x4
2006 Mitsubishi Colt Clubcab 2800 TDI
2003 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 16v Auto
2007 SEAT LEON FR
1983 Volkswagen Caddy - Panic: 319.7hp 360nm
2008 SEAT LEON CUPRA - Oettinger: 191kw 352nm
2008 SEAT IBIZA CUPRA - HM Auto: 146.9hp 244nm
2007 SEAT LEON FR - KAR: 163.2kw 337nm
2007 Volkswagen Polo 1.6
2001 Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i
VWCSA Membership Number: 1725
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Welcome

Well said Jetta2
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Jetta2 wrote:Welcome.

Not much you can do with that budget if you are thinking of performance modifications....

You can maybe, just maybe, get a very minor performance increase with a gasflowed head for that.
Add in that you will need a new head gasket, new head bolts, etc if you remove the head.

Or you can possibly get a branch and exhaust fitted for that budget.

Don't expect any major performance boosts with either one of those. A few horsepower and torque numbers in the single digits will be the result.
There is not much that a 1.3 motor can get done to it to get any sort of decent performance increases.
Yeah I'm with him. R4k is chump change these days.

If you blew the head gasket and took it in for repairs it would cost twice than what you have. R4000 would cover the engineering and some of the parts. You would still owe for the labour and some other bits.

Mods that R4k can buy you are:

1. 2nd hand 15" wheels and tyres.
2. Small sound install like H/U and door speakers. If you have those already a small sub and amp combo.
3. Some vinyl graphics on the bonnet and side doors, fancy go faster stripes.
4. Recovered seats with 2 tone panels in decent quality synthetic leather or fancy cloth.
5. New set of replacement shocks and some cheap lowering springs.
6. Replacement taillights and headlights with a nice grille, with maybe some nice mudflaps and a bumper lip to go with.

Disclaimer: R4k pays for only one of the listed items, not all, only one (1). Neither are these accurate prices, merely an informed estimate based on my observations.

You could get a decent service done on the car with some minor repairs for your money, in my opinion it would be best spent this way. Reliable and safe cars are hard to find these days.

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+