Please introduce yourself here when you join our Forum
Jack@mtcurrie.co.za
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 5 months

1981 Golf Gts in Yellow

Post by Jack@mtcurrie.co.za »

Howzit Guys, I joined this forum basically for one reason:
To find a 1981 Golf Gts in yellow...
I thought this will be an easy find, but after searching the internet for a weeks now, it has proven to be impossible....
Please point me in the right direction if you know of any for sale and if anyone here has an 1981 Golf Gts in yellow, please share some pics with me....
Jack Nel
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: 1981 Golf Gts in Yellow

Post by PapaJo »

Those are sought after cars and difficult to find nowadays.

Troll for sale sections on all the motor sale sites and you might find one at a steep price. Watch out for over priced and wannabee ones that was made up to these spec. Unmolested ones are a rare find.
175SBU
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Model: MK1 1.4i, MK2 CSi

Post by 175SBU »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

An original Golf 1 GTS in any condition will fetch top dollar, IF you manage to find one that still runs and has not been butchered.

Chatting to another mate of mine, he reckons that most of the decent examples have been shipped to Europe to collectors, what's left are all butchered, bastardized and rusted.

You have a greater chance of success building a replica, and even that is no longer easy to achieve.

I don't want to rain on your parade etc. just want to inform you of what you are up against. Luckily this is South Africa and we made the Citi up till 2010, so some of the parts you might need are less difficult to obtain.

Sent from my ***-L22 using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+