2015 POLO GTi - Maximum Engine Speed limit

Please introduce yourself here when you join our Forum
Prejay-Goku
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 5 months

2015 POLO GTi - Maximum Engine Speed limit

Post by Prejay-Goku »

Good Day

I Hope all are well,I am very excited to be part of this amazing Team which is Volkswagen Club of South Africa. I hope to meet some amazing people and see some really awesome Cars. Like most people I myself spend a lot of time in my Car and its the best place or only place im at home really.
From Durban now reside in JHB

I am a Medical Engineer, love all thing VW especially my baby 6C Polo GTi

I have got Polo Gti 6C and its going well from the time I got her 2015... till just recently as i am driving i am getting a Maximum Engine Speed 4000 rpm error and i can still drive it but its limits the power...No boost at all...if i stop and restart it can drive normally i have to keep my speed about 2500 rpm on 7 gear i can do about 125Km/hr with boost and she will drive fine

I got someone to check my baby with the diagnostic tool...it shows no communication for ABS module.At this point in time i don't know what to do.
How can i check if any of the speed sensors are faulty?

At this point in time, there is a short list of problem I am getting with this GTi:

1.Speedo does not move, but moves when i start the car..needle check
2.Fuel indicator...seems to be stuck on full tank, drops a bit when i take a right turn :lol: ...does not make any sense
3.Maximum Engine Speed warning
4.My dash is like a xmas tress...
5.ABS,EPC,traction control , Tire monitoring, brakes, are all on
6.Reverse camera stopped working

I need to sort out all these problems, when I take it to get check using diagnostic tools, none can give me a straight answer and that scary, they assume and tell me its this and then when i check it...its not the problem.

Can someone please help, whats the first thing i should check as a start?
I will not give up on my Car just need some awesome and expert advice.
Hoosier Daddy
Colonel
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Golf VI R
Membership No: 2023

Re: 2015 POLO GTi - Maximum Engine Speed limit

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

Since the speed sensor is fckued on the car buy one (you going to have to) and replace the RHS. If error is still there, put the new one on the left. This will sort out 1,3,4 and 5
Fuel indicator, pop out the LPFP check the float and pop it back in (replace if needed)
Where you based? See Jabba about reverse camera if in Durban
My Dream: Gipsy Danger
My First Love: Lucy
Nikz_tsc wrote:Don't be an elachi bhai
Kullani
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 GTi 1.8 Polo

Re: 2015 POLO GTi - Maximum Engine Speed limit

Post by Kullani »

Morning
I have a similar problem with my 2017 polo 6c. The warning pops up, it limits power and an EPC light comes on on the dash. How did you solve your problem