New GTD owner

Please introduce yourself here when you join our Forum
PeanutGTD
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

New GTD owner

Post by PeanutGTD »

Hi all. Have owned a golf gtd for a month. Decided to join the forum, wasn't going to initially, but decided to so I can benefit from all the members experience and hopefully provide some down the line.

I'm not the biggest joiner of runs and meets so not too likely to go to many, though will make a plan as and when I can.

It's weird driving a golf that there just isn't any others off, anywhere. Hope to see some more on the road soon. Though the prefered model is the gti of course.

So my very first car back in the day was a citi golf deco, blue seats an all. Inbetween have had:

2006 Ford fiesta 3dr trend
2006 Mazda RX8 6sp
2010 Corsa Ute
2010 Ford focus 1.8
2012 BMW 125i 5dr
2012 BMW 135i coupe

Seems a odd bunch looking at it typed up
I had the fiesta 9 months, didn't like it. Had the Corsa 10 months and the focus about 6 months.

So the fiesta had a blown clutch at 19k km and decided it must go. The Corsa was ok, the 2 seats was just an issue and the focus, wow, that car deserves a special spot for being pretty terrible. Constant paint repairs and trim prices falling off. Still remember I phoned the sales guy and said to him, I'm gonna go buy a BMW in the hope that nothing falls off of it. So that's how I ended up with a BMW. the 125i was an ok car, not the most spectacular drive, that 135i though, last of the breed that can claim sheer driving pleasure far as I'm concerned. Fantastic hydraulic steering, no BS, just the perfect road car for those who wanna love life. /(owners of new beemers please don't hate me) Anyway, had to go as I'm sure everyone knows the fuel consumption is on the bad side of really bloody bad. Decided on a GTD as the 120d is in a class of its own when it comes to price, honestly BMW have lost the plot, I see no reason at all the a similarly specked 120d can be R160k more expensive than the GTD. well excluding any deals that may have been on the table as I didn't try to make a deal on one. So the 160 would probably have been a bit less. 30-50k I guess based on general finance assistance deals.

Anyway brief history of my cars so far and I'm also a member of BMW Fanatics and I'm sure there will be a cpl ppl from there on here as well. Forum name there peanut125i

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ian_F
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 11 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Voetswagen
Membership No: 1846

Re: New GTD owner

Post by Ian_F »

Welcome Peanut!

Third GTD I know of in the Club!

Have a read through Mark Jone's review from the Citizen on his GTD. He is also one of our club members!
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 6 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the GTD. It's an awesome machine. Wish you very many happy smiles with it.
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD
PeanutGTD
Enlisted

Post by PeanutGTD »

Thanks chaps.

Loving the car.

Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 6 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

But where are the pics???
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD
PeanutGTD
Enlisted

Post by PeanutGTD »

Don't have any on my phone. Will see if I can login with my laptop and try to add some pics.

Anyway update. Car is going in tomorrow for a tweeter rattle and the centre console lid infront of the gear selector is loose. Long story short, cable for the android auto worked itself into the back of the lid somehow and when I tried to open the lid and take the cable out the lid kinda came along. (insert favourite swear word here)

PeanutGTD
Enlisted

Post by PeanutGTD »

Hi all. I have no idea how to start a new thread. So thought this one will work.

So my car is just over 3 years old now and it makes a weird noise that no one can solve. VW had it for a day and could find no fault and both front tyres was replaced last week along with the rims being straightened. Long story short. There is a noise that seems to me to come from the front left side of the car that almost sounds like a washing machine on spin cycle, not as fast tho. No bangs, knocks or bumps. It only happens from 130km/h. Steering, acceleration and braking completely normal.
J0NN0
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Car Make: No Name
Car Model: Tekkies
Membership No: 1725

Post by J0NN0 »

PeanutGTD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:32 pm Hi all. I have no idea how to start a new thread. So thought this one will work.

So my car is just over 3 years old now and it makes a weird noise that no one can solve. VW had it for a day and could find no fault and both front tyres was replaced last week along with the rims being straightened. Long story short. There is a noise that seems to me to come from the front left side of the car that almost sounds like a washing machine on spin cycle, not as fast tho. No bangs, knocks or bumps. It only happens from 130km/h. Steering, acceleration and braking completely normal.
If you have any questions pertaining to your vehicle and not to do with Introducing yourself post it in the General Tech Discussions section.

Top right there is a button - "New Topic"
Jonno

2002 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4TDI - SAC: 87.7 kw 276.1nm
2018 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4x4
2006 Mitsubishi Colt Clubcab 2800 TDI
2003 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 16v Auto
2007 SEAT LEON FR
1983 Volkswagen Caddy - Panic: 319.7hp 360nm
2008 SEAT LEON CUPRA - Oettinger: 191kw 352nm
2008 SEAT IBIZA CUPRA - HM Auto: 146.9hp 244nm
2007 SEAT LEON FR - KAR: 163.2kw 337nm
2007 Volkswagen Polo 1.6
2001 Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i
VWCSA Membership Number: 1725
Neuk
Treasurer
Treasurer
Registered for: 18 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Membership No: 806

Post by Neuk »

Welcome and enjoy the forum :wink:
Current Garage:
Daily Drive: 2014 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDi R-Line
Project Fes: 1982 VW Golf GLS 1.5
Project FeO: 1966 VW Type 2 Transporter Kombi Split Window

Previous Garage:
Roxy: 2015 VW Golf R
Vagon: 2005 Audi B6 A4 1.8T (140kw) Avant
Project XXXX: 1967 VW Type 3 Variant (Squareback)
Project Betty: 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI (PD130) Sportline
Weekend Warrior: 1993 Volkswagen Caddy 2.0 16v ABF on ITB's
ChrisMaxx
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Post by ChrisMaxx »

Please do post some pics. The GTD Golfs are so cool.
:cool: