2015 1.2 Tsi engine misfire

GrimmR3apperr
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 months

2015 1.2 Tsi engine misfire

Post by GrimmR3apperr »

A month ago my car broke one of its cambelt pulleys which in turn bent some exhaust valves and also my oil pump. I had the pulley, oil pump replaced (goldwagen parts) and also sent the head for engineering to replace the valves. The car basically had a complete service but driving at low speeds, below 80km, the car would jerk. At high speeds it runs fine. When scanned it shows fuel pressure sender is malfunction which I replaced. It also shows misfire on nr 1, 2 and 4 cylinders. We tested another car's injectors and coil packs on my car but with no changes. The head was sent to engineering again to recheck valves but it came back okay. The car still misfires though. Could it be the Non-OEM cambelt pulley thats acting up? Ive spent about 30k on the job and dont know what next
kingr
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months
Car Make: VW, Mini, Slowyota
Car Model: Mk1 2 Door, Hilux D/C
Membership No: 3337

Re: 2015 1.2 Tsi engine misfire

Post by kingr »

I doubt the cambelt is an issue.

Does the car struggle to start when cold?

Where were the pistons inspected and fine? If the valves are bent, indeed they hit piston crowns.

It sounds like there's an issue with the timing or electrical wiring on the side of the coils / fuel.
Kurt #3337

Current:
- 10" Mx5 NC2 (main daily)
- 12" Toyota Hilux D/C 2.5tdi 4x4 (tow car / vacay)
- 2020 Mini Cooper S Clubman (swambo)
- 80" VW Mk1 2 Door Golf 8vt project 192wkw/314nm, 13,3s@173kph Kby Drags

Ex: 07" G5 GTi, 13" ST180, 03" Mk4 2 door 1.8T Stage 2, 07" Velo 1.6, 83" Mk1 GT 2.0 8v MP9, 87" Mk1 1.6 CitiSport, 88" Mk2 2.0 16v, 83" Mk1 GT 1.6 + 40 webers
mk2-phreak
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by mk2-phreak »

Compression in spec post rebuild?
MikeyMike
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 months

Post by MikeyMike »

I am sitting with the exact same problem. Took my car for a service to replace spark plugs as a start. While my vehicle was there coils and leads were checked. A pressure check was done and it was found that cylinders were not holding pressure. Upon speaking to a VW mechanic it was noted that there is a lot of carbon build up in the manifold and around the valves either causing the valves to stick or to not seat properly. I still have to decide how or where i am going to get the head pulled and engineered. I am interested to see the feedback on the previous question regarding the compression test?