MahomedOz
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: MK1

Citi Golf Park Lights Not Working

Post by MahomedOz »

Good Day

I have A 1991 citi golf which has just two headlights. My main (Second Click) and bright lights work fine however i cant seem to get my park lights to work. If i click the light switch once, the dash lights and rear park light comes on but no light comes on at the front. If i switch it all the way my main beam will come on. My headlamp has only one globe and its the original hella lamps.

Where do i start to try to get my parks to work? Isbit a globe issue or is it wiring. Do i need to get spot lights and change the grill to gave park lights.
Mahomed Ozeer Ismail
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: Citi Golf Park Lights Not Working

Post by missioner »

1991 and earlier Citi parks are in the front indicators.

First check the globe's are not single contacts ones and that the correct lamps are fitted with 3 wires going in to them.

If the car has been modded to newer style front indicators (2 wires) then your only option is to install the parks into the headlamps, same as 93 model on.

This will entail installing new style headlamps with the hole for the park globe's below the main bulbs.

Once done track down the wiring and make up a small extension lead to connect your new parks to the existing wiring.

If it's all original and intact have a look at your fuses. Park lights and tail lamps are on the same circuit and if the fronts are not working niether are the rears if the fuses are blown.

No rocket science needed here to fix this problem, just a test light and some common sense.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
MahomedOz
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: MK1

Post by MahomedOz »

I want to install a quad light grill , so i will need to connect the two spot lights, how would i wire the spot lights
Mahomed Ozeer Ismail
Supervan II
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Car Make: SEAT
Membership No: missing

Post by Supervan II »

MahomedOz wrote:I want to install a quad light grill , so i will need to connect the two spot lights, how would i wire the spot lights
Should be a straight fit as the same harness is used - look for a loose connector at each headlamp.
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Supervan II wrote:
MahomedOz wrote:I want to install a quad light grill , so i will need to connect the two spot lights, how would i wire the spot lights
Should be a straight fit as the same harness is used - look for a loose connector at each headlamp.
+1

Should be opaque white with 2 pins
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
Bereda.Peter
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months

Post by Bereda.Peter »

Good day,
I a 97 model citi golf, first everything was working and now the front park lights and rear left stoped working. I've tried everything I can think of, changed globes and fuses but still nothing. Can it be circuits?