Motor & Water Temperature High

vansboyK
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years

Motor & Water Temperature High

Post by vansboyK »

Good Day Everyone
Need advice on my Citi Golf 1.3 Chico 99"

I've recently done my motor over about 4 months ago. I've changed the water pump as well as oil pump when I did the overhaul. The problem I've got at the moment is that motor seems to be running very hot & quickly too. The water temperature gauge stays over the halfway mark & doesn't drop. I'm using Autozone 20w 50 Multi grade oil and for some reason when the weather is a bit colder than the low pressure warning light blinks...when it's warm weather the light doesn't come on. Just last week I bought a new radiator,thermostat & Antifreeze from Goldwagen.I flushed out the system before installing...still no luck, the temperature stays up past halfway mark. The good thing is the fan kicks in whenever the temperature gets too hot but my question is why is it getting so hot??? Help Please

Sent from my SM-J120F using Tapatalk
Mozart101
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: CitiRhythm

Re: Motor & Water Temperature High

Post by Mozart101 »

Hi vansboyK, you could be looking at a blocked coolant hose. It's possible you're not getting any coolant in the engine that's why the temperature gets too hot quickly. I had that problem when my thermostat decided to conk out in the closed position. Fill up up your coolant, run your engine until optimal running temp is reached. At this point your thermostat should open up and run some coolant into the engine. Wait until the fan kicks in then turn your vehicle off. Remove thermostat and if you don't have coolant returning from the engine side it means your engine is not getting coolant via thermostat.
Hope that helps.
vandyh
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Velociti

Re: Motor & Water Temperature High

Post by vandyh »

Did you check the small pipe from the bottle to the radiator? sometimes this one get clogged up.
Current ride
2007 - Jetta VI 2.0TDI
2007 - Velociti - 2.0 (91wkW, 174nm) @ 8V Performance
2014 - Kia Rio TEC

Previous rides
2008 - Polo 1.9 TDi 14i
2008 - Citi 14i
1996 - Citi Chico
2003 - Ford Fiesta
1986 - Golf MK2