vw caddy

taahirvw
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

vw caddy

Post by taahirvw »

hi i am new here, need advice on a caddy 1.6 2006 panelvan, firstly car got stuck on my way to cpt, 3 dif mechs had a look at it, 1 got it started, said i needed a manifold intake, car was starting and idling, towed the car back to jhb, replaced manifold intake, but saw the plug wires all on the outside, so don't know if they were in the correct order, so now car don't start, think firing order aint right? so maybe need advice or a good mech that won't kill me price wise, i live in bosmont
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: vw caddy

Post by panic-mechanic »

Thenfiring order is 1342.
It should run a coilpack with wasted spark. So thenwires that are togther right next to each other on the pack pair must either go to 1 and 4 and thenotehr pair to 2,3
If it backfires - swop them around. Should run if that was the issue.
If it was idling but no throttle it could have been the throttle body or the pedal. Intake manifold fault is extremely unlikely.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
taahirvw
Enlisted

Post by taahirvw »

Hi ,thanks panic mechanic, firing order has been sorted. The car seems to have a different problem now . Replaced petrol pump, and caddy was driving perfect for 3 days, now starting to jerk again in 1st and 2nd gear, almost feels like a carb that the 2nd stage doesn't open, then after a while it kicks in and caddy is running fine again, this how the initial problem started, i have new coilpack, maf sensor, filter, petrol pump. any ideas?
taahirvw
Enlisted

Post by taahirvw »

could it be my carbon filter on the tank, seems like the mech broke of one pin that goes into it