Golf 7 1.4tsi Comfortline - Wind Noise

essopab12
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Golf 7 1.4tsi Comfortline - Wind Noise

Post by essopab12 »

Hi,
I recently purchased a demo model VW Golf 7. It has 8000km and its a really impressive car. I have one issue with the car, when I take it on the highway there is a wind noise coming from the front windscreen. Took the car to VW and they said the windscreen wasnt fitted correctly. Took the car back to where i purchased from and they confirmed that they will refit the windscreen. Refitted the windscreen and the noise was still there. They then opted for fitting a VW approved windscreen from VW. Fitted it in and the noise is still there. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this noise....???
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: Golf 7 1.4tsi Comfortline - Wind Noise

Post by Howie-WP »

You sure it's from the screen? Seems plenty of comments on the 'net wrt windnoise from front windows.
lector.foros
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Re: Golf 7 1.4tsi Comfortline - Wind Noise

Post by lector.foros »

essopab12 wrote:Hi,
I recently purchased a demo model VW Golf 7. It has 8000km and its a really impressive car. I have one issue with the car, when I take it on the highway there is a wind noise coming from the front windscreen. Took the car to VW and they said the windscreen wasnt fitted correctly. Took the car back to where i purchased from and they confirmed that they will refit the windscreen. Refitted the windscreen and the noise was still there. They then opted for fitting a VW approved windscreen from VW. Fitted it in and the noise is still there. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this noise....???
Hi. Have you had any luck in solving it? I have a 1.6 mk7, and it has the same whisling annoying sound. From the windshield. Dealer re fitted the windshield, and the sound is now worst
Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G850M mediante Tapatalk