Golf 4 gti abs wires

smith
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: mk1 gt

Golf 4 gti abs wires

Post by smith »

Hey guys need a bit of help if any body can assist. I braught a golf4 gti 6 speed and saw the Speedo doesnt work . And abs light comes on . So pull wheel if and saw front left the and wires have been completly riped off their are 4 wires their and ofcause two are for brake pad sensore and 2 for abs sensor but i dont know where which wire goes where and all the other sensore wires aren't the same colour as the front left. So can any body tell me which wires go to the pads sensor and which to the abs .. id apreciate it
Baldwin02002
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 7 months
Car Model: Mk2 GTS
Membership No: missing

Re: Golf 4 gti abs wires

Post by Baldwin02002 »

I will check for you tomorrow.
Current:
Mk2 GTS 1.8 --> 2.0 16v MP9 --> Soon to be 2.1 16v MP9 with Throttles
S3 2003 BAM --> Stage 1 with full Exhaust
S4 2004 --> Stock
A3 2010 1.8T Cabrio --> Stock
//////
Previous
Golf Citi 2.0 8v MP9 2007
Jetta 4 V5 10V
Honda CB400 '74
smith
Cadet

Post by smith »

Thank you
smith
Cadet

Post by smith »

Baldwin02002 wrote:I will check for you tomorrow.
Did you get a chance to check
Breadroll
Lieutenant
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: A3 1.8T
Membership No: 1989

Post by Breadroll »

smith wrote:Hey guys need a bit of help if any body can assist. I braught a golf4 gti 6 speed and saw the Speedo doesnt work . And abs light comes on . So pull wheel if and saw front left the and wires have been completly riped off their are 4 wires their and ofcause two are for brake pad sensore and 2 for abs sensor but i dont know where which wire goes where and all the other sensore wires aren't the same colour as the front left. So can any body tell me which wires go to the pads sensor and which to the abs .. id apreciate it
As far as i remember these cars have a gear and a speedo switch which gives the speedo a reading. It doesn't work off ABS sensors like the newer cars