Testing Polo playa Injectors.

Dandaman
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Testing Polo playa Injectors.

Post by Dandaman »

Hi VW Club, so I'm helping my brother fix his Polo playa 1.4 2001 model. the car has a problem where it takes a number of attempts to get the thing started. Once started and idling relatively steadily, when pressing the accelerator the car loses all power and cuts out. Its almost as if the car is getting no fuel as soon as you press the accelerator.

I've replaced his fuel filter, spark plugs and leads, as well as his distributor cap and rotor because at first I thought the cylinders weren't receiving spark. I've tried replacing the throttle body with my neighbor's spare, but that also made no difference. I've also removed the fuel line from the injection manifold to see if fuel is coming through when starting the car, and it is...which ruled out the fuel pump being the issue. The timing on the car is in order as well.

I've heard that the Injectors might have something to do with the problem I'm dealing with. Any other thoughts?

If the injectors are at fault I wanted to ask if anyone knows the resistance specs for this car, as I've researched a way to test them by checking their resistance with a multimeter. I think they are MP9 injectors.

P.S please excuse my ignorance, I am a humble newbie trying to learn is all.