RicardoAM
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo Vivo 1.6

Polo 1.6 GT Exhaust sound

Post by RicardoAM »

Hi there :driving:

I recently put a polo vivo 1.6 GT exhaust on my car in the hopes that it would bring out more sound than the stock exhaust. I was not expecting a massive improvment in sound but it might awell be a stock exhuast because when in the car i cannot even hear it, and outside its make a bit of a difference but nothing to be proud of.

I linked pics of the exhaust down below and am wondering if removing the middle box will help with getting more sound. i have some people say i should and then some people say that i should not. also has people say i should jus remove the CAT and leave the middle box so need some advice in this matter, would like to not break the bank and buy a full system yet beause i know thats what most people reccomend.

From what i know its 45 mm pipe i think

https://imgur.com/gallery/dhqiS
Fluke132
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 4 months

Re: Polo 1.6 GT Exhaust sound

Post by Fluke132 »

Not sure why you thought buying basically 99% of the same exhaust with different tips would produce a different sound / tone.

Replace the rear muffler with a slightly smaller muffler. Should make enough of a difference.

Decat will make it sound raspy.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

During the course of last week, i happen to be following a Polo GT and it sounded soo good.
It had the stock tips, but i am sure the exhaust had some work done to it.

Take a drive to one of the good exhaust shops and tell them how you want your car to sound and they will make it happen without fail.
I don't know where you located and i am unable to advice on where you can take your car.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

if you really cant afford a full freeflow system, then replace the back silencer with a freeflow silencer. Should give you what you're looking for. Full system would be best though.
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...