Loosing power

Kurtjames
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

Loosing power

Post by Kurtjames »

Good Evening guys

Im driving a 2005 1.9 Polo TDI. When driving and picking up to about 60 to 80km it drives ok but after that it looses power and climbs hills very sluggish. After putting the ignition off and restarting power is back back becomes sluggish again and on the straight I can do about 120km.
Davis@92
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Re: Loosing power

Post by Davis@92 »

My 14 polo tdl doing the same after switch off the key and on gain the power again
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Limp home mode. Either a low or too high boost issue. Scan with tool like vcds and see whatbit logged as faults. Attend to those.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
WBN
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 9n3 Polo GTi
Membership No: 3056

Post by WBN »

Kurtjames wrote:Good Evening guys

Im driving a 2005 1.9 Polo TDI. When driving and picking up to about 60 to 80km it drives ok but after that it looses power and climbs hills very sluggish. After putting the ignition off and restarting power is back back becomes sluggish again and on the straight I can do about 120km.
Hwst Kurt....I had the same issue recently...I changed my vacuum tank....its the ball next to the oil filter...turned out to sort the issue...no more boost issues...no more limp...just inspect your and see maybe it's the problem...cheers man

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk