Golf 5 cut out engine or loose power when excelerating

Presss
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Golf 5 cut out engine or loose power when excelerating

Post by Presss »

Please assist. I hav changed cam sensor so far... could it be fuel pump or airflow sensor?

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk
SayedMK1
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 5 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: MK V GTi

Re: Golf 5 cut out engine or loose power when excelerating

Post by SayedMK1 »

Presss wrote:Please assist. I hav changed cam sensor so far... could it be fuel pump or airflow sensor?

Had a similar issue on my audi it was the high pressure fuel pump, i replaced it myself the little cap on the end (cam follower) gets worn out , if thats your issue hopefully you get it in time ,if not it wears through and causes damage on the cam lobe .
Presss
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Presss »

How did yr audi behaved on the road?isnt fuel pump in the tank ? Please advice im hopeless because we dignosid the car many times and fail to identify the problem source...it also gives a too low signal on the air intake sensor.we checked the voltage on the cables to the sensor and is low which relate to the machine reading. We performed that with a comparism from a perfect same engine.......

s3 freak
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by s3 freak »

Howzit bru,

Check your LPFP,

Yes the one in the tank...
SayedMK1
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 5 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: MK V GTi

Post by SayedMK1 »

[quote="Presss"]How did yr audi behaved on the road?isnt fuel pump in the tank ? Please advice im hopeless because we dignosid the car many times and fail to identify the problem source...it also gives a too low signal on the air intake sensor.we checked the voltage on the cables to the sensor and is low which relate to the machine reading. We performed that with a comparism from a perfect same engine.......

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk[/quote

when you accelerate it had a flat spot then it took off . it also struggled on steep hills cutting out at times .