OPC Club & CCD - Charity Dyno Day for Husky Rescue 11/10/14

Details on upcoming non-VWCSA events...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting on the VWCSA Forum as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

VWCSA Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines
VW 'John Deere' TDI
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: BMW
Car Model: E90 LCI 320d M-Sport

OPC Club & CCD - Charity Dyno Day for Husky Rescue 11/10/14

Post by VW 'John Deere' TDI »

So this was posted by the President of the OPC club, and he asked for word to be spread. Stuff like this really pulls on my heart strings, and I find myself morally obliged to do whatever I can to help. So here it is:

Hi Guys,

As you know I'm a big fan of the Husky Rescue Association of SA. They have a sanctuary called Husky Haven where they host abandoned huskies. A few years ago the club hosted a dyno day and proceeds were donated to this great charity.

Unfortunately yesterday the Huskies at Husky Haven were attacked by a swarm of bees. A few dogs have passed away and even more are critical. Please see their post below and help where you can.

What a terrible, terrible day and one I will have nightmares about for some time.
Husky Haven was attacked by a swarm of bees today, Joy was taken to hospital by ambulance but is ok and back home.
Sonic and Jasmin were the first I came across who were in very bad shape, poor Sonic was trying to hide under his splash pool and screamed in agony when I picked him up. I went back for Jasmin and rushed them through to the vet.
I went back to get Spirit and Skylar who were next worst but Spirit was already dead when I got there. We got Skylar and rushed her also to the vet. Unfortunately she didn't make it and passed away.
I was stung several times and had to borrow a full gas mask from Philip my son to go back in to get the rest out. One by one we got them all out and up to the waiting cars who shuttled them to the vet who had called out all their available resources.
We need prayers for Sonic and Jasmin who are fighting for their lives and every single one of the rest of them who will be under observation for the night. They had all been stung to some extent or another.
We are also going to need some help with funds please, every single Haven dog is at the vet which is going to be expensive, please make donations to the Husky Rescue Account.
Account name: Husky Rescue SA
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Cape Gate
Branch Code: 02 39 10
Account number: 271 474 092
As we get news we will keep everyone updated please keep them all in your prayers.
I need to thank Philip Jones and Taryn Jones who were once again fantastic in arranging for the paramedics to attend to Joy and Taryn was a star helping me get the dogs out. Thank you also to all the Husky Rescue supporters who rushed out to help.

Please note that you can also access their website http://www.huskyrescue.co.za to make donations - https://www.payfast.co.za/donate/go/huskyrescue.

for those that are on the other car forum please spread the word.
So in light of the above, the OPC Club of SA, in conjunction with CCD, are hosing a charity dyno day on the 11 October 2014 in order to raise funds for recent events at Husky Haven. All proceeds will go to the Husky Association of SA, so come show your support to this great cause by putting your vehicle on the rollers, and chilling and talking with your fellow motoring enthusiasts.

Current: BMW 320d E90 LCi M-Sport - Yin & Yang
Ex: VW Polo 9n3 1.9TDI Sportline - John Deere

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, then please dear God protect my ride."
Gremlin
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: '99 A4 2.8 30v
Membership No: 1246

Re: OPC Club & CCD - Charity Dyno Day for Husky Rescue 11/10

Post by Gremlin »

bump
Graeme Muller

Rides:
Dark Angel '99 Audi A4 2.8 30v - Santorin Blue

Ex's:
Dave - '08 Leon CUPRA
DR - '85 MK II 2L 16v
'08 Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport
'03 Golf 4 1.6 Comfortline
'95 Citi Shuttle 1.6
Linkin Park wrote:“But in the end, no matter what you pretend, The journey is more important than the end or the start”
VW 'John Deere' TDI
Captain

Gremlin wrote:bump
Thanks for the bump. :hug:

Guys, don't forget to come support this great cause on Saturday. See you there. :hi:

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, then please dear God protect my ride."
VW 'John Deere' TDI
Captain

Just found out that Husky Rescue will be bringing some huskies for you to meet at the event at 1:30pm.