Turtle Wax Perfect Finish Showroom Matt Interior Plastic

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Life
Cadet
Registered for: 21 years 4 months

Turtle Wax Perfect Finish Showroom Matt Interior Plastic

Post by Life »

Hi Guys,

Anybody tried this?

I'm not one for interior trim products and choose to avoid them.

Gave this a try over the weekend. Quite impressed with the results especially that it does not leave any residue and keeps all the plastic bits matt and not shiny.
Djin
Crazydetailer
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Re: Turtle Wax Perfect Finish Showroom Matt Interior Plastic

Post by Djin »

I've used it and I quite like it. Has a nice almost EDT scent to it. Leaves a nice finish and dead easy to use.

Email - Info@crazydetailer.co.za
Shop 8. WorldWear Center, Fairlands, JHB
Store Tel : 011 476 5409
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

Cool, will it enhance dried out plastics by any chance?
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
Djin
Crazydetailer

Post by Djin »

You would probably be better off using a dedicated trim restorer for bits that are dried out. Generally the polymers in plastic trim consisting of phthalate dioctyl (or DOP), evaporates. Not much can be done to really revive this without replenishing it. Best you can do is use a trim restorer which does tend to revive the trim, but you have the negative aspect of the "oiliness" that goes with it. Anything that leaves the surface matt looking will prevent the trim drying out but it certainly will not "revive" the trim either.

Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

Djin wrote:You would probably be better off using a dedicated trim restorer for bits that are dried out. Generally the polymers in plastic trim consisting of phthalate dioctyl (or DOP), evaporates. Not much can be done to really revive this without replenishing it. Best you can do is use a trim restorer which does tend to revive the trim, but you have the negative aspect of the "oiliness" that goes with it. Anything that leaves the surface matt looking will prevent the trim drying out but it certainly will not "revive" the trim either.
Thanks for the info bud, so ideally- Use a trim restorer for a while until the richness is restored, then afterward a product more suited for interior plastics can be used?
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
Djin
Crazydetailer

Post by Djin »

Kyle wrote:
Djin wrote:You would probably be better off using a dedicated trim restorer for bits that are dried out. Generally the polymers in plastic trim consisting of phthalate dioctyl (or DOP), evaporates. Not much can be done to really revive this without replenishing it. Best you can do is use a trim restorer which does tend to revive the trim, but you have the negative aspect of the "oiliness" that goes with it. Anything that leaves the surface matt looking will prevent the trim drying out but it certainly will not "revive" the trim either.
Thanks for the info bud, so ideally- Use a trim restorer for a while until the richness is restored, then afterward a product more suited for interior plastics can be used?
Personally I haven't come across a product that is able to replace lost (DOP). At best you will mask it, with a more revived, richer looking trim. But that is not permanent. I could be wrong, but in my experience I've never come across anything that could do this. The separating factor however would be the endurance of the restore product itself. But once the product fades, the trim will go back to the way it looked before. :(

So you would use the restorer on the interior trim, and then wipe off the excess residue for a slightly less oily finish. Your routine will be more along the lines of restore periodically rather than maintain and protect.

Rsi huntered
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 6 months
Membership No: missing

Post by Rsi huntered »

I bought this shampoo about 3 weeks ago and used it on my red car last week Saturday. ....

Very happy with it and just as everyone says the bonus is that u don't get as much dust as Maxi.....

I washed it last week..... travelled to durban yesterday and there is minimal dust on the car till now 16:20am

It sort of gave the car the depth in the red abit... or maybe I'm just seeing this :grin:

I would buy another once mines is finished.....

Gets a :thumbup: from me
Golf 6 Ed. 35 - 2013 (FR&R Tuned)
Tiguan 2018 R-Line :evil:
Polo 6C Ex
2004 Golf 1 Baby 1.4i +VAT :evil: 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3)Ex:-(
Golf 1(2 door)branch,exhaust,domingo's,leather seats,electric windows, 2.0L 16v ( sold ) :cry: Ex.
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP) :bang: Ex
Jetta 2 1.8 16v full house(sold) Ex
Rsi huntered
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 6 months
Membership No: missing

Post by Rsi huntered »

Rsi huntered wrote:I bought this shampoo about 3 weeks ago and used it on my red car last week Saturday. ....

Very happy with it and just as everyone says the bonus is that u don't get as much dust as Maxi.....

I washed it last week..... travelled to durban yesterday and there is minimal dust on the car till now 16:20am

It sort of gave the car the depth in the red abit... or maybe I'm just seeing this :grin:

I would buy another once mines is finished.....

Gets a :thumbup: from me
sorry guys this was meant for the car chem shampoo link..... typing from my phone somehow I posted the message here......
Golf 6 Ed. 35 - 2013 (FR&R Tuned)
Tiguan 2018 R-Line :evil:
Polo 6C Ex
2004 Golf 1 Baby 1.4i +VAT :evil: 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3)Ex:-(
Golf 1(2 door)branch,exhaust,domingo's,leather seats,electric windows, 2.0L 16v ( sold ) :cry: Ex.
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP) :bang: Ex
Jetta 2 1.8 16v full house(sold) Ex
MrMazda
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by MrMazda »

I will surely try the Turtle product. The usual dash cleaners leave the dash to shiny then it reflects in the windscreen & is quite annoying
Mbuzi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 10 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: Q5
Membership No: 1964

Post by Mbuzi »

Just bought this today, Neil recommended it. Haven't managed to use it yet. I will give feedback after using it