Tornado Red Golf 5 Gti - Detailed by Lawrence

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: Tornado Red Golf 5 Gti - Detailed by Lawrence

Post by Unobeat »

Lawrence, i am just :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

Unobeat wrote:Lawrence, i am just :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
:oops: :grin: Thank you bud :hug:
Djin
Crazydetailer
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by Djin »

Stunning work as always bud. A really well documented and detailed write up.

Detailing a car, documenting and then doing the write up thereafter takes ALLOT of effort. So kudos to you for always delivering.

Email - Info@crazydetailer.co.za
Shop 8. WorldWear Center, Fairlands, JHB
Store Tel : 011 476 5409
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

Djin wrote:Stunning work as always bud. A really well documented and detailed write up.

Detailing a car, documenting and then doing the write up thereafter takes ALLOT of effort. So kudos to you for always delivering.
:iagree:
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
Rsi huntered
Captain
Registered for: 15 years 6 months
Membership No: missing

Post by Rsi huntered »

Kyle wrote:
Djin wrote:Stunning work as always bud. A really well documented and detailed write up.

i cant even take out photo's while i am doing it the job let alone do a write up..... so what ever we get as a write up.... we should be happy :grin: :grin:

what a outcome Lawrence :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: and my fav colour :troll: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Golf 6 Ed. 35 - 2013 (FR&R Tuned)
Tiguan 2018 R-Line :evil:
Polo 6C Ex
2004 Golf 1 Baby 1.4i +VAT :evil: 76.3 WHP@K.A.R
Polo 2008(9n3)Ex:-(
Golf 1(2 door)branch,exhaust,domingo's,leather seats,electric windows, 2.0L 16v ( sold ) :cry: Ex.
Golf 2 2L 16v full house(RIP) :bang: Ex
Jetta 2 1.8 16v full house(sold) Ex
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

Thanks Pravin
Kyle wrote:

Thanks Kyle
Rsi huntered wrote:
Kyle wrote:

i cant even take out photo's while i am doing it the job let alone do a write up..... so what ever we get as a write up.... we should be happy :grin: :grin:

what a outcome Lawrence :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: and my fav colour :troll: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Thanks bud.... on pretty much every detail I realize there is a pic of something I forgot to take - its tough to plan out the whole write up before you do the detail and know what shots you need to stop and get along way....and it obviously slows you down, but I really enjoy compiling the write ups so that I can take you all along with me through the detail and hopefully share some knowledge in the process. :thumbup:
TWIN 16
Enlisted
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by TWIN 16 »

Thank you, Lawrence for the excellent work done to my GTi.
I went to fetch the car Sunday afternoon I stood outside his garage door, we talked whilst he opened the garage door when I looked inside all I said was WOW. If only he caught me on camera you would know how I felt. I stood the same spot for a few seconds trying to get myself together.
I then walked around the car very slowly, every part of the car just stood out as if it wants to tell me a story. I cannot believe the transformation. I am very impressed with the work done he even worked on the area that was vandalized by some unknown cheap skates a few years back. I left his home smiling all the way home...........lol. Yep even the neighbors know the difference.

I have sent this car twice to Amazing glaze in Richards Bay to maintain the car and both the times I was not impressed but you cannot get much out of Retardbay.
I have made contact with Lawrence about 4 years ago for a detail and we being in Retardbay made it difficult to drop and fetch so yep used the locals there, until now I moved close to Ballito so first thing on the cards was to get her detailed by the Guru himself.
He has educated me a lot and particular to the maintenance of the car and has specked a car care kit which I fetched from him so will expand onto it. With the restrictions in the estate I live will use the nearby car wash ONLY for the first stage use of the HP kit. I will take her home for the rest of the treatment.
I have read all his detailing work, admired his workman ship and knowledge sharing I now feel great to be part of it.
Get ready Lawrence for the next.
My Garage
14 Golf 7 R
07 Golf V GTi
89 Golf 2 GTI 16v
88 Jetta 2 CLi 16v
92 GLi Twincam Exec

Ex
96 180 RSi(Hijacked)
92 RSi Twincam
93 RSi Twincam
96 160 Rustler
89 Jetta CLi
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

TWIN 16 wrote:Thank you, Lawrence for the excellent work done to my GTi.
I went to fetch the car Sunday afternoon I stood outside his garage door, we talked whilst he opened the garage door when I looked inside all I said was WOW. If only he caught me on camera you would know how I felt. I stood the same spot for a few seconds trying to get myself together.
I then walked around the car very slowly, every part of the car just stood out as if it wants to tell me a story. I cannot believe the transformation. I am very impressed with the work done he even worked on the area that was vandalized by some unknown cheap skates a few years back. I left his home smiling all the way home...........lol. Yep even the neighbors know the difference.

I have sent this car twice to Amazing glaze in Richards Bay to maintain the car and both the times I was not impressed but you cannot get much out of Retardbay.
I have made contact with Lawrence about 4 years ago for a detail and we being in Retardbay made it difficult to drop and fetch so yep used the locals there, until now I moved close to Ballito so first thing on the cards was to get her detailed by the Guru himself.
He has educated me a lot and particular to the maintenance of the car and has specked a car care kit which I fetched from him so will expand onto it. With the restrictions in the estate I live will use the nearby car wash ONLY for the first stage use of the HP kit. I will take her home for the rest of the treatment.
I have read all his detailing work, admired his workman ship and knowledge sharing I now feel great to be part of it.
In the end, after all the hard work.. these reactions make it all worth it :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

TWIN 16 wrote:Thank you, Lawrence for the excellent work done to my GTi.

I am truly humbled by your response :crazy: - thank you so much :grin:

Look the bottom line is even if it so happened that a customer didn't appreciate the detail, most of us detailers simply find the process of turning a car around rewarding enough on its own, but when we KNOW for sure that you as the customer appreciate the turn around too, well.... as Kyle says, it makes all the hard work just that much more rewarding.

I cannot think of anything more satisfying than knowing I had a hand in making you fall in love with your car again, so THANK YOU for giving me the opportunity to have done so....

:hug:
Zubair
Major-General
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Car Model: MK1
Membership No: missing

Post by Zubair »

:hurray:
Ex '02 Citi.Com 20VT K04
Ex '12 GTI 6 Candy White,Manual,Revo STG 2, 250whp 460nm KAR pump fuel only.

'80 MK1 L 2Dr 8V Throttles
'92 CTI 16VT 240whp @ Panic 0.3 bars boost.
'12 GTI 6 Candy White DSG 14.4 @ 160km/h Tarlton Stock Std.

Zubair Aka Boost Junkie

ZUB-AIR-RESEARCH
Boost Developments
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

Zubair wrote::hurray:
:hug:
mikhail117
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years
Car Make: Volkwagen
Car Model: CW Polo 6R GTi

Post by mikhail117 »

cufking vandals :bang:

Awesome work bud! Every single transformation pic is unbelievable :hurray: :hurray:
Mikhail Petersen

mjpetersen@mweb.co.za
Vdubstar
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

Post by Vdubstar »

"Is it safe to use all over?" You.... NO
He he :wink: thanks for the safety briefing Lawrence..even if I do this a lot less than yourself it pays to put safety first!
Regarding the pre wash -I am using Megs soft wash -need to get foam cannon and HP machine cos its not foaming up much by hand
The clay bar(blue-dunno if colour implies anything) was bought bundled with Auto Glym rapid detailer-so need to check if the clay bar is FINE grade.
& yes the Poorboys is "Black Hole"..keeping fingers crossed that I dont get much marring :crazy:
Thanks for the tips Bud-much appreciated
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

Vdubstar wrote:
"Is it safe to use all over?" You.... NO
He he :wink: thanks for the safety briefing Lawrence..even if I do this a lot less than yourself it pays to put safety first!
Regarding the pre wash -I am using Megs soft wash -need to get foam cannon and HP machine cos its not foaming up much by hand
The clay bar(blue-dunno if colour implies anything) was bought bundled with Auto Glym rapid detailer-so need to check if the clay bar is FINE grade.
& yes the Poorboys is "Black Hole"..keeping fingers crossed that I dont get much marring :crazy:
Thanks for the tips Bud-much appreciated
Yip - safety first!!!!

The Autoglym clay bar should be a fine grade.

In terms of technique, the best I can explain it is, it is about rapid back and forth movement with little to no pressure.... and not about rubbing the clay INTO your paint....you are trying to get the clay to glide over the layer of lubrication (quick detailer/clay lube) so that it doesn't dig into the paint, and is able shear off anything that is protruding (the contamination) and have that contamination embed itself into the clay.

You should therefore fold and knead the clay often to expose a clean fresh surface (effectively burying the contamination in the clay and keep it away from the surface that is now gliding over the paint).

Good luck and let us know how it goes :thumbup: