Drying Towel - Verimark Carwiz?

This forum is designated for Detailing discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
jippo
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Model: ST

Re: Drying Towel - Verimark Carwiz?

Post by jippo »

ChefDJ wrote:I once almost set off my airbags trying to remove the front seats because I wanted to clean properly underneath them. I forgot to remove the trip wire and couldn't understand why the seat wouldn't come out :oops:

Luckily I didn't pull too hard. My point is that I can be pedantic when it comes to cleaning the interior of my car. I also don't like things hanging in the mirrors or laying around. The small BMW freshener seems to be working very well and I've had it almost a month. You can adjust the strength of smell and replace the cartridge inside whenever you like, with an array of different scents. Looks like this:

Looks like a USB hub :lol:
F30 320d
ex: Focus ST250
ChefDJ
Lieutenant
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: Benz
Car Model: C270 CDI

Post by ChefDJ »

http://www.bmwfanatics.co.za/showthread.php?tid=56024

Here's a link to detailing advice on BMWFanatics, and I'll post a link to this thread on that thread too :hurray:
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Sea Blue Polo Vivo
Membership No: 1676

Post by lawrence »

Deranged_9n3 wrote:Let me start off with saying that I wont be participating in any of this detailer wars !! :popcorn:
I just want to clarify something here..... Etienne, this is not specifically aimed at you, more of a general comment....

Whilst it may appear there is some war raging I do not think it is fair to me, Kyle or anyone else perceived to be 'at battle' to think this way.

From my perspective, there will ALWAYS be differences of opinion on what detailing product is 'best'..... much as there will always be differences of opinion on which car is best. It is life. If we all liked the same things, life would be rather boring.

I accept that there are detailers who like Brand X and some who like Brand Y. Some of these detailers are affiliated to those brands and so they will naturally passionately defend that brand (think about how passionate us dubbers are and how we think Opel owners are off their rockers). There is nothing wrong with this.

By the same token, those of us who prefer not to stick to one brand should also be given the space and freedom to do so...

At the end of the day, what should really matter to everyone is what the car looks like at the end - the results are what count. Not necessarily how you get there.

Just bear in mind that we all have our opinions about things, and there is not always a single right or wrong answer, so if you ask different people for their opinions, you will get their (often) varying opinions.

Detailing your car should actually be fun so find a product YOU like and enjoy the process.

But for goodness sake, understand that having a different opinion does not equate to 'fighting'.

:cool:
Kyle
General
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: Porsche
Car Model: Adidas TYP 64
Membership No: 1922

Post by Kyle »

I was actually just angry that Lawrence didn't wash my car on saturday, what a ****

:lol:

But seriously, nobody was at war
Current:
'03 BMW E46 330i Individual

Ex:
'06 Impreza 2.0R Wagon
'03 S3 8L
'11 A3 1.6TDi
'70 VW Beetle 1600 Twin Port
'00 A4 2.4 V6,
'09 Ibiza Cupra 1.8T,
2013 Vivo Gran Turismo,
E36 M3 Coupe,
E46 320i Individual MSport,
'98 Civic V Tec,
E36 318is Msport,
E30 318i Coupe,
GOLF MK1 GT

Why make things easy for yourself when you can make them incredibly difficult and complicated.
Caddyon
Major
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Polo 9N3 1.9Tdi Sportline
Membership No: 2025

Post by Caddyon »

Kyle wrote:I was actually just angry that Lawrence didn't wash my car on saturday, what a ****

:lol:

But seriously, nobody was at war
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The more detailers the better keeps them ontop of their game
:grin: :grin:
Tyrone - SR Tuned - http://www.facebook.com/srtuned
Current 06 9N3 Sportline - 1.9 BIG TURBO TDi SRTuned / Profiturbo.com
Power Figures 221wkw and 569wnm
Dezzi Drags = Boost + Diesel, no gas : 12.5
Current 2010 KTM 200 XC-W
Ex=Vw MkI Citi
Ex=Ford Ranger 2500Tdi 4x4 Supercab
Ex=Vw Caddyon 2.0 8v
Ex=2001 Vw Jetta 4 v5
Ex=2000 Opel Corsa GSI
Ex=1967 Ford Anglia 1600 Sport
Ex=1999 Opel Corsa Ute Chin Scraper
Zubair
Major-General
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Car Model: MK1
Membership No: missing

Post by Zubair »

lawrence wrote:
Deranged_9n3 wrote:Let me start off with saying that I wont be participating in any of this detailer wars !! :popcorn:
I just want to clarify something here..... Etienne, this is not specifically aimed at you, more of a general comment....

Whilst it may appear there is some war raging I do not think it is fair to me, Kyle or anyone else perceived to be 'at battle' to think this way.

From my perspective, there will ALWAYS be differences of opinion on what detailing product is 'best'..... much as there will always be differences of opinion on which car is best. It is life. If we all liked the same things, life would be rather boring.

I accept that there are detailers who like Brand X and some who like Brand Y. Some of these detailers are affiliated to those brands and so they will naturally passionately defend that brand (think about how passionate us dubbers are and how we think Opel owners are off their rockers). There is nothing wrong with this.

By the same token, those of us who prefer not to stick to one brand should also be given the space and freedom to do so...

At the end of the day, what should really matter to everyone is what the car looks like at the end - the results are what count. Not necessarily how you get there.

Just bear in mind that we all have our opinions about things, and there is not always a single right or wrong answer, so if you ask different people for their opinions, you will get their (often) varying opinions.

Detailing your car should actually be fun so find a product YOU like and enjoy the process.

But for goodness sake, understand that having a different opinion does not equate to 'fighting'.

You want to be put in the bush with a little tree... :grin:
Ex '02 Citi.Com 20VT K04
Ex '12 GTI 6 Candy White,Manual,Revo STG 2, 250whp 460nm KAR pump fuel only.

'80 MK1 L 2Dr 8V Throttles
'92 CTI 16VT 240whp @ Panic 0.3 bars boost.
'12 GTI 6 Candy White DSG 14.4 @ 160km/h Tarlton Stock Std.

Zubair Aka Boost Junkie

ZUB-AIR-RESEARCH
Boost Developments
Life160
Captain
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by Life160 »

Zubair wrote:
lawrence wrote:

You want to be put in the bush with a little tree... :grin:
Lolol!!!
And to think it all started with a Verimark product that has more bad reviews than good...

Either way - some proper awesome information contained in this thread. Lawrence is always willing to part with his knowledge and now I know that Kyle is also a wealth of information (AF focused - but still a wealth).
MK6 GTI 12' (APR)

Ex:
Citi Life 01' - 1.6i 8v :(
76.6kw/144nm (RBTS)
ChefDJ
Lieutenant

Post by ChefDJ »

Life160 wrote: Lolol!!!
And to think it all started with a Verimark product that has more bad reviews than good...

Either way - some proper awesome information contained in this thread. Lawrence is always willing to part with his knowledge and now I know that Kyle is also a wealth of information (AF focused - but still a wealth).
+1

Keep them tips coming :hurray:
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

Not sure how many of you have read through this....

If not, I suggest you do.

http://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic ... 0&t=166322
ChefDJ
Lieutenant

Post by ChefDJ »

lawrence wrote:Not sure how many of you have read through this....

Brilliant. Will read through properly over the weekend :hug: :hurray:
Life160
Captain

Post by Life160 »

ChefDJ wrote:

Print it. Laminate it. Refer to it.
I just stopped by CD earlier today and picked up a bunch of goodies.
MK6 GTI 12' (APR)

Ex:
76.6kw/144nm (RBTS)
ruthless roy
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by ruthless roy »

Life160 wrote:
ChefDJ wrote:

CD is slightly cheaper if you buy online
Life160
Captain

Post by Life160 »

ruthless roy wrote:
Life160 wrote:
ChefDJ wrote:

CD is slightly cheaper if you buy online

I worked out my list before going - was exactly the same price that I calculated online...
MK6 GTI 12' (APR)

Ex:
76.6kw/144nm (RBTS)
Djin
Crazydetailer
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Djin »

I may be late to the thread as it has evolved into something more than just the drying towel question. Good info all around :cool:

Going back to our drying towel, we had these towels made up for us specifically. We moved from the thicker waffle weave towel to the slightly thinner ones as we found they streaked less and were just easier to handle while drying. The difference between us and bigger commercial companies is that we come from a detailing background. So we know what works for us and what doesn't. I find Waffle Weave design works way better than the Terry or fluffy microfibers. I use this towel and our wash mitt every week. So it has be top notch. In fact I just used the Crazydetailer wash kit this morning on my car before coming into the store :troll:

Just a side note: Our online prices are the same as the walk in store price, if there ever was a difference it would be just a case of one system being updated before the other.

I'm on this board daily, so if you ever have any issues with any of our products or service, please pop me a PM and I will respond asap.

Email - Info@crazydetailer.co.za
Shop 8. WorldWear Center, Fairlands, JHB
Store Tel : 011 476 5409
Zubair
Major-General
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Car Model: MK1

Post by Zubair »

Djin wrote:I may be late to the thread as it has evolved into something more than just the drying towel question. Good info all around :cool:

Going back to our drying towel, we had these towels made up for us specifically. We moved from the thicker waffle weave towel to the slightly thinner ones as we found they streaked less and were just easier to handle while drying. The difference between us and bigger commercial companies is that we come from a detailing background. So we know what works for us and what doesn't. I find Waffle Weave design works way better than the Terry or fluffy microfibers. I use this towel and our wash mitt every week. So it has be top notch. In fact I just used the Crazydetailer wash kit this morning on my car before coming into the store :troll:

Just a side note: Our online prices are the same as the walk in store price, if there ever was a difference it would be just a case of one system being updated before the other.

I'm on this board daily, so if you ever have any issues with any of our products or service, please pop me a PM and I will respond asap.
Shot for the products today, some more awesome stuff for me to play with :hug:
Ex '02 Citi.Com 20VT K04
Ex '12 GTI 6 Candy White,Manual,Revo STG 2, 250whp 460nm KAR pump fuel only.

'80 MK1 L 2Dr 8V Throttles
'92 CTI 16VT 240whp @ Panic 0.3 bars boost.
'12 GTI 6 Candy White DSG 14.4 @ 160km/h Tarlton Stock Std.

Zubair Aka Boost Junkie

ZUB-AIR-RESEARCH
Boost Developments
Djin
Crazydetailer

Post by Djin »

Zubair wrote:
Shot for the products today, some more awesome stuff for me to play with :hug:
Thanks always for the support man and obviously the chat. Its great to hear feedback with regards to the products used, techniques and combos.

Post up the merc detail if you get a chance. Image

ruthless roy
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by ruthless roy »

Djin wrote:Just a side note: Our online prices are the same as the walk in store price, if there ever was a difference it would be just a case of one system being updated before the other.

Maybe this was sorted out recently but I definitely noticed a difference on a few occasions..

All in all its not an issue - i have been dealing with you guys for the past 5+ years and i never had an issue.

I was just pointing out something i noticed..
zane.mk1
Major
Registered for: 12 years 8 months
Car Model: Audi RS3

Post by zane.mk1 »

+1 million on Crazy Detailer service & products, order some goods today.

how about a discount coupon? :grin:
His: '18 Nardo Grey Audi RS3
Hers: '19 VW T-Cross 1.0 TSI Highline DSG
Weekender: 'Searching for a neat enough VR6...
Djin
Crazydetailer

Post by Djin »

zane.mk1 wrote:+1 million on Crazy Detailer service & products, order some goods today.

Thanks for the kind words bud. Hmm ..lets see what I can arrange regarding the coupon! :cool:

Life160
Captain

Post by Life160 »

Djin wrote:
zane.mk1 wrote:+1 million on Crazy Detailer service & products, order some goods today.

Thanks for the kind words bud. Hmm ..lets see what I can arrange regarding the coupon! :cool:
Coupons all round. Updated my shopping list last night. Tons of cool new stuff.

Which Mazerna sealer would you recommend - wheels and body. You have the power lock and the other one...
MK6 GTI 12' (APR)

Ex:
76.6kw/144nm (RBTS)
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

Life160 wrote:
Djin wrote:

Which Mazerna sealer would you recommend - wheels and body. You have the power lock and the other one...
Powerlock :thumbup: <---- especially if you are looking for PROTECTION only.

If you want more of an AIO type product, then PP Ultra.
Djin
Crazydetailer

Post by Djin »

Powerlock is the firm favourite. All that you need to do is prep the paintwork first with a bit of light polish like SuperResin or PoorboysWorld blackhole/white diamond and then seal with power lock.

**edit - lawrence beat me to it.

Life160
Captain

Post by Life160 »

lawrence wrote:
Life160 wrote:
Djin wrote:

Powerlock :thumbup: <---- especially if you are looking for PROTECTION only.

If you want more of an AIO type product, then PP Ultra.
Sorry - AIO?
MK6 GTI 12' (APR)

Ex:
76.6kw/144nm (RBTS)
lawrence
Lord of the Sponge

Post by lawrence »

AIO - All In One

A term usually describing a 'cleaner wax' type product.

They mostly consist of a chemical cleaner, an abrasive or a filler, and some form of wax.

Some examples are:

Autofinesse Tripple
Autoglym SRP
Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Meguiars White Wax
Meguiars Black Wax
Menzerna PP Ultra

The term comes from the fact that they do all the steps in 1 step.... the clean, polish and protect....
Life160
Captain

Post by Life160 »

lawrence wrote:AIO - All In One

A term usually describing a 'cleaner wax' type product.

They mostly consist of a chemical cleaner, an abrasive or a filler, and some form of wax.

Some examples are:

Autofinesse Tripple
Autoglym SRP
Meguiars Cleaner Wax
Meguiars White Wax
Meguiars Black Wax
Menzerna PP Ultra

The term comes from the fact that they do all the steps in 1 step.... the clean, polish and protect....
Aaah!!
Thanks for that! Looking for something a little more dedicated.
Power lock it is.
MK6 GTI 12' (APR)

Ex:
76.6kw/144nm (RBTS)