help k03 to k04

Veez_LFR
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

help k03 to k04

Post by Veez_LFR »

Hi people apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place I'm new here and also don't have a vw I own a seat Leon fr so same family. Anyway plz help with some technical information as I'm in need of some big time I have a kkk k03 2.0tfsi 147kw Leon fr BWA engine same as the mk5 gti my turbo recently popped and sadly turbo exchange is few weeks behind with stock so it's been 3 weeks since the turbo died and my warranty has paid for a upgrade turbo (k04) the turbo is with the mechanic already.I'm abit stressed now as people tell me I require s3 injectors,dv relocation kit,HPFP. I don't have the moola for all that but need to get my car back on the road in a reliable way. Can the k04 work without any of the above? And if so how do I go about using the k04 in the safest possible way. P.s not looking for power just want the car running again. Can email me or reply to this post varun1zn@gmail.com
Nishp
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 4 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: Mk4 GTi, VivoMaxx

Re: help k03 to k04

Post by Nishp »

Ive read up on this b4...
Most important should be fitting it...
Turbo manifold definitely new...

All else fine if you drive like a daisy until money saved for the rest..
I state the obvious..if u start race-driving.

Then you need to match all the bells n whistles...remapping..dv reloc..bigger ic..larger injectors maybe??
Should be possible to limit boost to abt 0.8b without need for bigger internals...

Also dont over rev and should be safe...
Wait for the seasoned g5 blokes to advise tho...

I feel ur pain.
Mk4 Golf 20V Turbo Fanatic.
cli 16v
Lieutenant
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Car Make: Mazda
Car Model: CX5
Membership No: missing

Post by cli 16v »

Firstly this is in the wrong section. You need to get a KO3 bud, said to say you will need alot of supporting hardware and a software upgrade to make the KO4 work. My suggestion would be to return the KO4 and buy a KO3 if money is an issue as you are looking at well over R20000 for the rest of the supporting hardware.
Ex:
13' Audi A4 B8.5 1.8T SE - OEM+
'15 MKVII GTi
'07 MKV GTi OEM+
'89 MKII Golf CSL OEM
'97 MKIII GTi Exec
'92 MKII Jetta CLi 2.0 16v Exec
Rudi_C
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 9 months
Car Model: Audi A3 2L TFSI Sportback
Membership No: missing

Post by Rudi_C »

Sorry for the off topic question, but with the K04 on a K03 motor setup if all the supporting mods have been done. I would assume that the K04 is a bit larger than the K03 and on the same motor that in my opinion means the turbo will start boosting later on and make more of it's power higher up in the rev range. Does this mean that the K04 motor will be a bit less responsive low down than the K03? Also, is it a major difference in size? I have a slight idea about Garrett turbo sizing, but the K03 and K04 doesn't say much to me about size. Sorry for the hijack
Current garage

Audi A3 2l TFSI Sportback
Nissan 1400 Pickup
Suzuki Samurai 4x4 w Nissan A15

Toyota Prado VX 3.4 V6 AT 8 seater
VW Polo Classic 1.4
VW Citi 2.1 8VT

Ian_F
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 11 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Voetswagen
Membership No: 1846

Post by Ian_F »

Morning

To run a K04 properly on the FR motor you will need:

High Pressure Fuel Pump
S3 Injectors
DV relocation
Exhaust
Intake
Cooler

Running a k04 on a k03 setup, is not adviseble, as you run the risk of running lean, and a new motor, is more expensive than the K03 replacement.

Have a look around, there are plenty of TFSi K03 turbos around,
badbrad12
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Post by badbrad12 »

Get yourself a K03S. It will give you what you need as standard and can handle some punishment with ease. If you are going to be modding it but can't do it all at once, it's gonna be the safer option in the long run. K03s on a budget can safely make around 300hp... Makes for a good daily

It doesn't matter how fast you are, there will always be someone faster than you...