Installing rear speakers in a Jetta 5 1.6 Trendline

This forum is designated for In Car Entertainment discussion...
Forum rules
Please take a look at the rules for posting in the Technical section as all posts will be moderated accordingly...

Technical Section Rules
DP
Enlisted
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2011 Jetta (MK5) 1.6

Installing rear speakers in a Jetta 5 1.6 Trendline

Post by DP »

Hi guys

Hope someone can assist with this...... my Jetta came from the factory with speakers only in the front doors.... I'm looking at upgrading the sound and putting some speakers in the rear doors as well as a sub.....

But
On the connector going to the oem radio (RCD210) it only has one set of wires for the front speakers...... Theres no wires for rear speakers in place but there is specific slots available on the connector plug for them.....
Can someone please tell me what specific wire connectors/lugs I need to get to connect wires for rear speakers to the radio???

I tried VW but nobody could really give me a definite answer....

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.....

Thanx
Pik Sooter
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: MK2 Q5 3.0T l MK2 TT Roadster
Membership No: 1893

Re: Installing rear speakers in a Jetta 5 1.6 Trendline

Post by Pik Sooter »

Rather take it to a credible sound shop.
You don't wana go stick wires onto the harness etc.

If it's a reputable sound shop, the know these harnesses like their tollies, they know where each wire and plug goes.
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Dirty Sooter wrote:Rather take it to a credible sound shop.
You don't wana go stick wires onto the harness etc.

If it's a reputable sound shop, the know these harnesses like their tollies, they know where each wire and plug goes.
:iagree:
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3
Membership No: missing

Post by Killerwatt »

Theres a sticker on the unit with the pin out. But might as well get the 4ch harness connector.
DP
Enlisted

Post by DP »

The couple sound installers I have been to in Pretoria do not have the correct wire connectors and wanted to "make a plan" with the oem speaker wire harness connector.......
Been to the scrapyards and the ones that have donot want to cut it....
I am rather knowledgeable when it comes to connecting sound and I'm just trying to acquire the CORRECT item before I look at "making a plan"

All I want to know from someone who has done a similar upgrade to their car.....if they went to a specific sound installer that had the correct connectors, can I get that installers name/number or if someone did it them self, where did you source the correct connector from????
or if someone has the correct part number for it so I can get it from VW

What I'm exactly looking for is, something like this which can connect into my current speaker harness....
http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/UT8x55yXd8XX ... gOFbXO.jpg

Thanx
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3
Membership No: missing

Post by Killerwatt »

Go to tremor audio. Explain what you would like to do and he will provide the adaptor. I got one from him a while ago.
DP
Enlisted

Post by DP »

Killerwatt wrote:Go to tremor audio. Explain what you would like to do and he will provide the adaptor. I got one from him a while ago.
Yeah Jules generally has a lot of adaptors and connectors will give him a call soon.....but hoping to get one closer to home, in Pretoria, instead of going to his shop....
sash
Cadet
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by sash »

I have seen couple of posts online where you can purchase the plugs that fit into the standard wiring harness. Your radio should have the wiring diagram on it indicating which wires are for the rear.
2012 BMW X1 2.0d Msport

2007 BMW 530d Msport
- Speed: RK Motion tuned, custom DP, 76mm custom exhaust, OEM style 167 ,
1994 Toyota Camry 200si
- Speed: 4-1 Cowley Branch, 63mm Cowley Exh, HnR 35mm