Please introduce yourself here when you join our Forum
The Musical Dr
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Velociti 1.6i

Velociti 1.6i Vibration

Post by The Musical Dr »

Hi guys. I’m new to the forum. I’m hoping someone can help me. I’ve been driving a mk1 for the past 12 years with hardly any issues. Late last year, I replaced tyres, shocks, shock mountings, cv boots & LHS outer cv. Balancing & alignment was done obviously. Now there’s a terrible vibration throughout the car, whilst it’s idling & increases when accelerating. The entire dash vibrates. I’m not sure what it can be. I was thinking of replacing the engine mountings next but would prefer if someone out there who has experienced a similar problem can help pinpoint the exact problem.
DieterMK5
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 1 month
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015

Re: Velociti 1.6i Vibration

Post by DieterMK5 »

Hello and welcome to the VW Club Forum! :hi:

We all hope that you enjoy your stay here and consider the wonderful opportunity of becoming a VWCSA Member and get awesome vwclub merchandise for only R300.

Before you do, please have a look at the Forum Rules

As well as the rules we have for Private Sales

If you have any questions pertaining to your vehicle and not to do with introducing yourself, post them in the Technical Discussions section

Please feel free to join in on the Events, its huge fun, and non-members are also more than welcome to join in on the action. Hope to see you at an event soon.

Now that you have introduced yourself to the forum, have a look at starting a Rides Thread and show us what you cruise the streets with. :driving:

(How to Post a Picture)

We look forward to having you on the forum, and hope to see you grow in the club, by becoming a member, and most of all, making new friends.

Cheers :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 5 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Try posting in the technical section. Someone should be able to assist you with your issue. Guessing it should be something fairly simple to fix. The guys will help you diagnose it.
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD
VAG Fan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 8 years

Post by VAG Fan »

Probably one or more of the engine mountings has collapsed. In severe cases, this can cause direct metal-to-metal contact, which leads to the vibrations you have described. In my experience, the most probable candidate is the right-hand-side engine mounting, which holds the cam-belt side of the engine to the right wheel housing.
Mark R.
- - - - - - - - - -
2004 VW Golf TDI, type 1J, AHF, 317k (2016-current) --- daily
1990 VW Fox, type 16, HM, 304k (2005-current) --- spare runaround
Previous:
1992 Audi 500 SE, type C4, AAR (2001-2020) --- nice while it lasted
1983 VW Golf GTS, type 17, FR (1992-2005) --- most fun car I've ever had
1978 Audi 100 GLS 5E, type 43, WC (1991-92) --- died in the side of a Rekord who cut me off
- - - - - - - - - -
The Musical Dr
Enlisted
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Model: Velociti 1.6i

Post by The Musical Dr »

Thanks guys! I have posted in the tech section. I have also replaced the RHS mounting but still the same. I'm busy troubleshooting at the moment.
DieterMK5
Lieutenant
Registered for: 10 years 1 month
Car Model: Jetta MK5 1.9 TDi
Membership No: 3015

Post by DieterMK5 »

Hello and welcome to the VW Club Forum! :hi:

We all hope that you enjoy your stay here and consider the wonderful opportunity of becoming a VWCSA Member and get awesome vwclub merchandise for only R300.

Before you do, please have a look at the Forum Rules

As well as the rules we have for Private Sales

If you have any questions pertaining to your vehicle and not to do with introducing yourself, post them in the Technical Discussions section

Please feel free to join in on the Events, its huge fun, and non-members are also more than welcome to join in on the action. Hope to see you at an event soon.

Now that you have introduced yourself to the forum, have a look at starting a Rides Thread and show us what you cruise the streets with. :driving:

(How to Post a Picture)

We look forward to having you on the forum, and hope to see you grow in the club, by becoming a member, and most of all, making new friends.

Cheers :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk